Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Let's get to know each other! Please introduce yourself here...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM
  • 264 Replies
1 mom liked this

holding balloonsWelcome to the Love & Marriage group!

Whether you're married, engaged, or in a long-term relationship, this is the place to seek support and advice for your relationship! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. Where did you meet your significant other?
2. How long have you been together? 
3. If you're engaged/married, how did he propose?
4. When is your anniversary?
5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

Have fun and enjoy the group!

have a nice daySteph

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
The NCO club,95'.
19yrs. this month
We knew we wanted to get married, so he gave me an ring for Christmas
July 27th, 1996
My birthday!
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM

awww what a nice birthday present and christmas present too. : ) 

Quoting Hottmomma607: The NCO club,95'. 19yrs. this month We knew we wanted to get married, so he gave me an ring for Christmas July 27th, 1996 My birthday!

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Thanks! We met just right after my 22nd birthday!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Hottmomma607: The NCO club,95'.
19yrs. this month
We knew we wanted to get married, so he gave me an ring for Christmas
July 27th, 1996
My birthday!

noelgray
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM
2 moms liked this

(I am sure I already did this, is it a monthly thing? lol but i will do it again)

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years
3. He proposed 11 months to the day after we started dating in the car in a pizza place parking lot while it was coming down a wintery mess. He grabbed the ring and said "Will you?"
4. 3/29/07 is when we started dating, 10/08/10 is when we were married. 
5. Where's our bfp and sticky bean? (that seems to be on my mind a lot lately) and if I will get to see my nephew again. 

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM

What is a bfp and sticky bean? Why are you worried you might not get to see your nephew again?

Quoting noelgray:

(I am sure I already did this, is it a monthly thing? lol but i will do it again)

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years
3. He proposed 11 months to the day after we started dating in the car in a pizza place parking lot while it was coming down a wintery mess. He grabbed the ring and said "Will you?"
5. Where's our bfp and sticky bean? (that seems to be on my mind a lot lately) and if I will get to see my nephew again. 

noelgray
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM

BFP: Big Fat Positive aka positive pregnancy test.
Sticky bean is a baby that sticks, and is carried to full term.
My nephew isn't by blood. His father and my DH are best friends, and since his parents blew us off for dinner plans on Feb 15, they've barely talked to us and have broken further plans to hang out.

Quoting earthangel1967:

What is a bfp and sticky bean? Why are you worried you might not get to see your nephew again?

Quoting noelgray:

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:41 AM

Oh those are cute terms for those important and special things. 

Yes I have been rooting for you guys for you to get your BFP and sticky bean asap I just didn't know that's what they were called tee hee. I send healing and positive energy and prayers and envision your goals as already manifested and wish for them to be so every single time I see one of your posts because your siggy always reminds me to do so.  I will continue to do so until the day you get to share your exciting happy newborn  pictures with us! : ) HUGGSSS 

baby dustttc

Oh gosh, have you and your dh been able to think of any inklings as to why your friends may have stood you up and been acting so distant all of a sudden lately, a misunderstanding or unintentional hurting of feelings perhaps? Have one of you called to ask what is wrong and that if you guys did anything unintentionally you certainly didn't mean it and miss them all? Good luck I hope things smooth over soon. 

Quoting noelgray:

BFP: Big Fat Positive aka positive pregnancy test.Sticky bean is a baby that sticks, and is carried to full term.My nephew isn't by blood. His father and my DH are best friends, and since his parents blew us off for dinner plans on Feb 15, they've barely talked to us and have broken further plans to hang out.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting noelgray:

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:45 AM

awww I am so truly happy for you guys! It's such an extra blessing to find the love of your life so young.  Todd and I always say we wish and wish with all our might that we had met decades sooner. Spending eternity together doesn't even seem long enough. : ) We are absolutely convinced we would have been in love as teens if we knew eachother (we both think eachother was gorgeous in our teen pics so we know we would have been atracted that way lol) And we think we would have been great little friends and had crushes on eachother if we had been lucky enough to know eachother as little kids growing up too (we both loved to play and think very similarily) plus since we believe we are soulmates we think we would have connected in  a strong and special way no matter what. : ) 

Quoting Hottmomma607: Thanks! We met just right after my 22nd birthday!
Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Hottmomma607: The NCO club,95'. 19yrs. this month We knew we wanted to get married, so he gave me an ring for Christmas July 27th, 1996 My birthday!

noelgray
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. :)

DH called them that morning and they said they didn't have the money to go out. Then not even an hour later they posted pictures of themselves out with other friends at dinner. When DH confronted his bestie about it, he blamed it all on his wife. I MIGHT get to see him this weekend since DH and his bestie are going to the movies and the baby's mom has to work. Baby needs a babysitter. ;)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Oh those are cute terms for those important and special things. 

Yes I have been rooting for you guys for you to get your BFP and sticky bean asap I just didn't know that's what they were called tee hee. I send healing and positive energy and prayers and envision your goals as already manifested and wish for them to be so every single time I see one of your posts because your siggy always reminds me to do so.  I will continue to do so until the day you get to share your exciting happy newborn  pictures with us! : ) HUGGSSS 

baby dustttc

Oh gosh, have you and your dh been able to think of any inklings as to why your friends may have stood you up and been acting so distant all of a sudden lately, a misunderstanding or unintentional hurting of feelings perhaps? Have one of you called to ask what is wrong and that if you guys did anything unintentionally you certainly didn't mean it and miss them all? Good luck I hope things smooth over soon. 

Quoting noelgray:

BFP: Big Fat Positive aka positive pregnancy test.Sticky bean is a baby that sticks, and is carried to full term.My nephew isn't by blood. His father and my DH are best friends, and since his parents blew us off for dinner plans on Feb 15, they've barely talked to us and have broken further plans to hang out.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting noelgray:

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Hello! Proposal over pizza sounds romantic?!
How many kids do you have?

Quoting noelgray:

1. Yahoo Pool. 
2. Almost 7 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN