Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I the only one who ENJOYS being with her husband??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 198 Replies
4 moms liked this

The women in my family and my friends have started having these "ladies lunches" or "girls' day out" events and they're always on the weekends and located hours away so I have to give up a full day of time with my husband in order to be with them. At the last family lunch, my aunt said something about having the fellas come along next time which sounded good to me, but then my sister made it clear that the men wouldn't be allowed. When I asked about it, she said, "We could all use a day off without the guys!" I mentioned it to my friend and she said that was the main reason they always have the girls' days, too, so they can "get a break from the men."

Am I the only one who actually LIKES her husband and ENJOYS being with him?? 

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsImperfect
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM
6 moms liked this
I do too. I LOVE being with my husband. I love doing things with him and spending time with him all the time lol. I adore him. We're best friends and really close and he's so funny and a great support system. I don't get the I hate being around my husband thing women do.
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I rarely go out with just the girls.  We usually go out with our men too.  Due to some of our schedules, sometimes one of our men will be working so we go without our better half, but we don't expect everyone else to ditch theirs...

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I love spending time with my husband. I don't go out for "girl time".
mrsfitz05
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

On rare occassion I will go out to have girl talk with one of my childhood friends (especially the 2 that aren't married) without him, but that's it. Generally, I want to be with my husband. We are friends in addition to being married and parents. There is no one I'd rather talk to and be with.

specialwingz
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I have ditched my Bunco group to be with my DH.  He works all week, getting home around 6pm.  On Wednesdays, he has class and doesn't get home till around 9pm.  I LOVE the time we get together.  I also love the fun girl time I get with my Bunco group.  However, the recent hostesses have started holding our gatherings on Friday nights.  They used to be on Wednesday nights.  This worked for me since DH was in class anyway.  But, recent hostesses have noted that our fun nights can be longer if held on Friday nights since nobody has to be at work the next morning.

I have dumped our last 2 fun nights because I want to be home on Friday nights to be with my DH who has been working and tired all week.

So, no, you're not the only one who enjoys spending their time with their dh.

JohnnysGirl1967
4 moms liked this

I'm totally attached to my husband and have no desire for "girls night out", "ladies day off" or anything like that. He's my best friend and my world. Some may think it's unhealthy, but I don't care.

Looneyfarmmom
2 moms liked this

I love my husband and we are best friends but some days I like to do things with my other best friend as well. She shares some of my likes that he rather skip. Other days I go to the book store and my female best friend and I use that time to look for books and get things off our chests. Yes I tell my husband everything but sometimes I run it by my female best friend for an outside view. She helps me to make sense of everything and then I go back to my husband so I am not as mad, hurt, or confused about something and we can have a clear conversation.

I also have another best friend but she is my editor and my husband doesn't understand that world at all lol. My editor knows a lot about me... sometimes I think she knows me better than I know myself.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love spending time with my husband, but I also like my time away from and as does he.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my hubby but sometimes I want the company of my sisters just
kysmama08
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

DH and I are always together unless I go out shopping or something and he stays home. I'd rather spend my time with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN