Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why does crap happen at the same time?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 47 Replies
We paid 800.00 in propane last month now this month we already need more propane. 1500 in a month on top of our utilities and rent.
Also my dh hates his job again and his boss is a alcholic and jerk and is threatening hubby so now hubby is needing a new job. I get so irritated that he can't seem to hold a job linger than a yr.
Also he has tickets from 07 that he thought he paid and come to find out hasn't so his license is now suspended till we pay 1800.00.
And I wanna move but rent is so overpriced here that we can't find anything but duplexes and hubby only wants to rent a house like we are now. Hubby hates North Dakota and I here about this everyday too.
I'm so stressed I don't know anything anymore. It's hard not to be so pissed at my hubby and I'm trying to look on the bright side but no matter what we always fall back into a black whole.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Thats pretty pricey! :-/
Texasladybug84
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Yes we found a place today... Hubby doesn't wanna move just cause.. But I wanna save money. It's insane spending 1500.00 in a month on propane

Quoting Hottmomma607: Thats pretty pricey! :-/
deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow thats crazy expensive! I would never ever live somewhere that needed propane.

Texasladybug84
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Ya and it's an old farmhouse too

Quoting deadlights86:

Wow thats crazy expensive! I would never ever live somewhere that needed propane.

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM

That's a shame. I like farm houses.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Ya and it's an old farmhouse too
Quoting deadlights86:

Texasladybug84
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Ooh I love ours and it's on land but we can't afford 2500.00 a month. It isn't updated and so it all must leak out..

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting deadlights86:

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to your landlord and have him bring someone out to take a look. If its leaking its your landlords responsibility to have that fixed.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Ooh I love ours and it's on land but we can't afford 2500.00 a month. It isn't updated and so it all must leak out..
Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting deadlights86:

RenaissanceSoul
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:10 AM

man that is pricey, he also needs to step up in responsibilities and realize sometimes we put up with things we hate to get by, even if its only for a little while longer. do you work?

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:02 AM

I heat with oil, and I'm on my own here. One income. When the 'Polar Vortex' hit in early January, my upstairs plumbing froze and burst, so now I am knee deep in repairs for that, on top of everything else that's gone wrong around here. So.. I know about running through a string of bad luck.. been one thing after another here for a good year or so.

Heat - if you haven't already, get the plastic film for all your windows and unused doors and get them covered. My house is only 20 years old and it makes a BIG difference, even with Anderson windows with storms on them. Also, get an infrared heater or two. I am currently running two, constantly, to help heat the house so the boiler isn't running so much, (but I do need to order oil, soon)... Infrared heat is highly efficient, moreso than just electric or ceramic space heaters.  I figure each one adds about $30 a month to my electric bill.. so I just sit in the dark a lot..lol.. but it's a lot cheaper than paying $750 for oil

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Last i heard there is a big shortage in propane. Im sorry that all sucks

Quoting Texasladybug84: Yes we found a place today... Hubby doesn't wanna move just cause.. But I wanna save money. It's insane spending 1500.00 in a month on propane

Quoting Hottmomma607: Thats pretty pricey! :-/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN