Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Could you stay friends with a homewrecker?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM
  • 117 Replies

So I'm obviously taking stock of my friends lately and reevaluating who I still want to keep in touch with after all these years and one of them I really think I'm going to cut ties with. She's in a relationship with a married man who she knew was married but actively pursued him until she caught him and pushed for him to divorce his wife. The divorce isn't final yet but she broke up a 10yr marriage with 3 kids involved and seems pretty proud of that fact.

I don't see how it's a bragging point that she purposefully destroyed a family like that and I think karma will come back to bite her in the ass. With her blase' attitude about marriage and my deep convictions regarding my vows, I just feel like we're pretty far apart on a very fundamental level and I don't think I can remain friends with her knowing what I know about her now. What about you? Could you stay friends with a homewrecker like this?

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
createive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I had a girlfriend who did something similar.

I stayed friends with her but I'll always keep her at arms distance and watch my back.

She's always been that kind of person but now it just seems clearer that ever.
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM
9 moms liked this

honestly, no. Your friend shows no remorse for hurting another women and three children? That isn't someone I would stay friends with.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree! I wouldn't want someone like that in my life.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

honestly, no. Your friend shows no remorse for hurting another women and three children? That isn't someone I would stay friends with.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I agree. It's too much drama. Something I don't want or need.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

I agree! I wouldn't want someone like that in my life.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Somebody like this definitely not.  I've been thinking lately about some of my acquaintances and think that maybe I might be too picky though. lol  I guess that's why they are acquaintances and not friends for a reason. lol

Deannie1258
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't think I could trust her around my friends husbands are mine and that would be a big issue.
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
How she chooses to live her life has nothing to do with me. That man had the choice she didn't hold him at gun point. I would still be friends but I would keep my eyes and ears open. To end a friendship over her choice is like saying no one can ever screw up or have diffrent opinions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
No.
Azure
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I have a cousin who broke up a marriage. She slept with another woman's husband and got pregnant and broke up their marriage... I lost a huge amount of respect for her and no longer feel comfortable around her, so I guess my answer is No.

Katie3621
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Eh idk. I have a friend who had an affair with a married guy he didn't have kids though. He ended up leaving his wife for her, she felt guilty and embarrassed but she loved him. I overlooked it but that's a different situation than your friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)