Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you guys watch TV together or separately?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you watch TV together or separately?

Options:

Together - we like the same shows

Separately - we have totally different tastes in shows

It's 50/50 - sometimes we watch together, sometimes not

Other - please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 77

View Results

My DH and I watch a lot of TV and we watch everything together but my sister said we should watch our own shows. I told her it's not like he's forcing me to watch or I'm forcing him to watch but that we genuinely do like the same shows so we just watch together. She said we're weird and that most couples split up to watch different shows instead of watching together. So I thought I'd bring it here and put it to you all.

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM

we sit together and i like about one show that he likes - i usually do other stuff while im watching - or run around and do laundry and cook.  when he is gone the remote is mine!  I let him so its not his fault

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Together

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM
We watch some shows together and some seperatly.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have one TV in the house.

When I was at his place, I'd watch what he watches. He'll ask, i usually don't mind. I'll watch almost whatever. What I can't stand is when he changes the flippin' channel all the time. ARGH

disneymom2two
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

We have more than 1 tv so there are times we watch together and times we watch separately.

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM

We have several shows we both watch.  But there are also some that we watch separately.  Or as in right now, he didn't want to watch The Princess Bride and I refused to change the chanel...he is upstairs watching TV now :D

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:25 PM

my dh does this all the freaking time...what is SOOO wrong with watching one TV show in full???

Quoting Fayanne:

I only have one TV in the house.

When I was at his place, I'd watch what he watches. He'll ask, i usually don't mind. I'll watch almost whatever. What I can't stand is when he changes the flippin' channel all the time. ARGH

CafeMom Tickers
KatrinaMae
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM
We watch a lot of shows together. He watches no shows without me but I do watch somee without him while he's at work or on League. t
MaineMammax2
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM
50/50 sometimes we watch the same thing together and other times we watch our own shows separately.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM

We watch some shows together but I'm not a big fan of television.  I'd much rather be on the computer.  So most of the time he watches his shows and sometimes if it's good I'll join him.  Lately we've been watching a lot of Chuck.  He started and I just love that show so we're both hooked.  I watch Nashville and The Voice on the Computer because he doesn't really like those shows. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)