Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Both Get Physicals Every Year?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM
  • 45 Replies

doctorDo you both get physicals every year or  only go to the dr when you absolutely have to? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeky
by Alexandra on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM
We go every two years.
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:34 AM
Dh gets a physical every year because he has had blood pressure issues in the past but I only go to the doctor if I absolutely have to. I'm not a fan of doctors.
earthangel1967
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM

We both get one every year... but I know if Todd wasn't  with me, he would only go in if he was so ill he probably needed to be hospitalized.  He is really good about going to appts I make and tell him about for him though haha. 

I make sure we get yearly eye exams and go to the dentist regularily too. : D 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM

it varies

jcm28
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM
I go every year but just found out you don't need a pap smear every year 35 and over every five years as long as you have a normal one
earthangel1967
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

And my dr said that is true about pap and pelvic exams even more so if you had a partial or full hysterectomy, UNLESS you have a strong history of cancer that runs in your family then it is still recommended more often to make sure because even without uterus or cervix and possibly no ovaries you can still get vaginal cancer. She said its a lot more rare but in strong cancer backgrounds like I have then it's better to be extra careful. 

but you are right for most women. 

Quoting jcm28: I go every year but just found out you don't need a pap smear every year 35 and over every five years as long as you have a normal one

yourpassion
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM

No, but I make sure the kids do hahaha

Runner36
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I get my female exam every three years and I started with yearly mammograms last year.  DH gets yearly physicals as he is military and it is required.

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Yes we do.

I have always went for a physical, but am now required to do so.  In order to keep his insurance, his employer requires employee and spouse to have a physical.  We both go at the end of this month. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:49 AM
We are both required to go yearly. Him for dot regulations, me for medical reasons.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)