Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband thought I was crazy

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

My husband Charlie thought I was crazy when I came in this morning.I just came to talk to him about something and I saw a rifle I wanted on the used guns for sale shelf.He co owns a gun shop selling new and used guns.I had my eye on a 25.06 Remington rifle and my husband said I did not need it.He knows better,I get what I want and I did buying the rifle.The co owner Allen and the seller were there agreeing on the price,$500.00 doing the paperwork and a background check done through a phone call.That went great and I walked out with putting it in the trunk of my car,it was not loaded at all.He realized I was happy finally knowing it will be used for hunting.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM

okay

orchardmoma
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

How do you do a background check over the phone? Is that even legal?

alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM

That is the way they do it,call up and have my name looked up for any criminal records which I don't have

orchardmoma
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I think I had misunderstood your post. I thought you had meant that they did the background check while you were at home!! And I was thinking, don't they need to see ID or something?? Haha

Quoting alexisb3:

That is the way they do it,call up and have my name looked up for any criminal records which I don't have

alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting orchardmoma:

I think I had misunderstood your post. I thought you had meant that they did the background check while you were at home!! And I was thinking, don't they need to see ID or something?? Haha

Quoting alexisb3:

Have to show ID also

withsecond
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Okay... so, did he think you were going to kill him with said rifle? I don't really understand why he thinks you're crazy. 

alexisb3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM

He said I have enough guns,20 of them so far

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm curious of that as well.

Quoting withsecond:

Okay... so, did he think you were going to kill him with said rifle? I don't really understand why he thinks you're crazy. 

LaReina_5
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I went to Shooter over the weekend to get a 9mm, paid for it and the background check but can't pick up until tomorrow because I don't have a permit to carry.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Congrats and I think women should know how to use a gun and protect themselves, me I carry so I have it with me all of the time and I will not leave home w/out my gun..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)