Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you learn to be happy on your own?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 15 Replies
My DH got a second job and is gone all day. It's been 3 weeks now since he started the second job and I'm having a hard time with it. Feeling all emotional and needy. I hate it.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Find some hobbies,play groups to keep yourself busy.
Brattzilla
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Do you exercise?  just saying thats a great way to feel good about yourself, a great way to boost your own self confidence, and its a way to just "let out the frustrations" of feeling lonely...   When my DH is out of town traveling for work, I am alone all the time and I listen to music, hang with the kids... call my sis  on the phone and shoot to breeze.

I also have close contact with my DH all throughout the day, and the evening until we both go to bed. The distance (time apart, not miles) can be difficult, and I too get needy emotionally at times, and so does he.  Its called feeling lost without our best friend to hang out with!!!   Just do something, to occupy your brain... take up sewing or some kind of craft, do a jigsaw puzzle, color in coloring books (I have a stack of coloring books and crayons by my bed. Its a Great way to re-focus my brain).   

Signed "The Brat"

family in the van

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM
If you find the secret let me know. I've always been the busy working one and now I'm a sahm and he's gone from 5am to 6pm daily and does overnight, sometimes multiple day training. I'm going absolutely crazy myself.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:25 AM

eh, I enjoy alone time when i get it since usually I cannot even go to the bathroom alone or even if everyone is at school and at work, then the dog wants to go out for a walk, so that little bit of peace and quiet that I do FINALLY get, I enjoy it!

Monsita
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Reading
Walking at the park
Exercising at the gym
Watching a good classic movie
Writing on my personal journal
Keeping in contact with my family (They live far away) through e-mails, facebook, phone calls.
Enjoying my alone time with the kids, doing something as simple as cooking or complicated as school projects and homework.
furbabymum
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's something I ever had to work on. I read and adventure. I've never minded being on my own. When we were in Japan there would sometime be weeks where I wouldn't talk to a single soul. I was totally ok with that.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Find something for you to do when he is gone.. Exercise, read a good book find something you enjoy by your self and start doing it!

othermom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I find things to do to keep busy. I volunteer occasionally, hang out with friends sometimes

othermom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Quoting furbabymum:

I don't think it's something I ever had to work on. I read and adventure. I've never minded being on my own. When we were in Japan there would sometime be weeks where I wouldn't talk to a single soul. I was totally ok with that.

Reading is a great way to spend time

furbabymum
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to go explore everything. I'd take several walks per day or drive to a different city and explore on my own. Some people would find that lonely but I enjoyed it. You really figure out who you are that way.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting furbabymum:

Reading is a great way to spend time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)