Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are all hubby's babies when they get sick?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:32 AM
  • 62 Replies

Mobile Photo

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant... I just got over a cold... It sucked but I continued to work and help around the house. Now my hubby is sick and he is acting like it's the end of the world. He hasn't helped with house work or taking care of our son which is his job since he's a stay at home dad. He just keeps telling me he's too sick. It pisses me off because he can take cold meds... I couldn't. Anyone else have to deal with that?
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Runner36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:51 AM
2 moms liked this

yep...dh won't even go to work if he is sniffling...I think it is in their dna!  Good luck mama!!

Saharra
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM
My DH did that early in our marriage. And he was sick a LOT. Weak immune system and would end up in the ER every time he got the flu. He still gets sick, but not like he used to. And I swear he used to milk it for all it was worth ;) lol.
There actually was a study about this awhile back about why men do this. I'll have to look it up. But there was scientific "facts" about it. Lol

Quoting winje88:

Mobile Photo

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant... I just got over a cold... It sucked but I continued to work and help around the house. Now my hubby is sick and he is acting like it's the end of the world. He hasn't helped with house work or taking care of our son which is his job since he's a stay at home dad. He just keeps telling me he's too sick. It pisses me off because he can take cold meds... I couldn't. Anyone else have to deal with that?
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hell no.. the first time he tried that I told him to suck it up. I wouldn't date a man who couldn't handle something to simple as a cold. This was back when he was still a computer tech. 

Now he's a nurse going on for his NP and he just takes the cold meds, Vit C, and still functions just fine..

yourpassion
by Kristen on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM
No, my dh toughs it out for the most part. Thank goodness!!
gemals92
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:32 AM
My partner if he doesn't get 8 hour sleep holy crap hell to pay if am I'll I get. Wait I have to work as well as doing the shopping men x
committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine doesnt get sick often but when he does he's an absolute baby.
charlotsomtimes
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I say yes!

4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I know my advice won't be so good. But when s/o tried it with me I flipped the tables. I waited on him was concerned and all. But when I got sick he felt how I felt. He cooked, cleaned, helped me with my homework, got the kids ready for bed and then some. So, now when we both get sick there no more games. Lol
withsecond
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

lol, I love that picture. It's hilarious and true. 

My husband is amazing in so many other ways but when he's sick, he turns into a little bitch. 

jenbah81
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Mone is terrible! Last time he was sick he slept for 3 days! I was so ticked! He had strep which the kids get all the time and they act like they're not even sick half the time they have it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)