Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How were the first few years of your marriage?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 58 Replies

Be honest and share how life changed good or bad in the first few years of marriage...

Just a fun sharing post to learn and help others..

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Ours were not so good by year 2 we were separated and I was living with a friend neighbor yes a man and having the best sex I thought for a few months, we were ready for a divorce at about year 3 and then stopped went out and started over so to speak... I am so glad we did and I would not change it!

Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM

The first few years in our marriage were great. We bought our first home together, had our first baby together, and started our new life together. :)

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

StarBarr
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
A freaking roller coaster!! Lol!
I was extremely happy, extremely depressed, and back to happy. We're in year 3 now so I feel our marriage is still pretty new but we've known each other for 20yrs so I feel that makes it a little easier.... A little. 😁
Pit_mama1112
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Honestly life has gotten better with him as days go along. It is a difficult ride just starting out but i am glad i am taking this adventure with him an noone else =]

Quoting LadyBast:

Be honest and share how life changed good or bad in the first few years of marriage...

Just a fun sharing post to learn and help others..

vicky31
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Really bad lol but it got better.
jtsmommy11
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We found out a week before getting married my husbands employer was shutting down. it shut down in sept and we were pregnant in dec. so we had to move 4 hrs from the onlyy home either of us had known for his new job. our son was born a month after our 1 yr anniversary. we didn't have a lot if money but now 2 and a half yrs later he has gotten 3 raises and we have purchased a house and jeep
Nunyabusiness
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Things were good that first year, despite him being deployed. We rarely fought. 

Then he came home and BAM I got pregnant immediately. That's when thing got ugly. It was just a matter of adjusting to each other, our new roles and being together acting out those roles, adjusting to living in an entirely different state, then adjusting to becoming parents all while preparing for another deployment soon after that baby was born. 

Years 3-5 were great. We had another baby. But, when he turned one and we were in our 5th year of marriage we hit a pretty bad rough patch. Again, the 6 months before an impending deployment. We made it through with a lot of patience, praying, and persistance in working on our relationship. 

It's been smooth sailing since and we have been married 9 years in May. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:00 PM

The first couple years were really tough.  The third and fourth year got better and better.   Then 2012/2013 was hell on us.  Now things are looking up again.  There's always something though.  I'm just glad that we have each other.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM

We hit a rough spot but we came out stronger from it. Our first 2 years were pure bliss though.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Not much different then before the wedding honestly. We lived together for a year before marrying. 22 years later, it still isn't much different, besides raising 2 boys. LOVE being married

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN