Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you still celebrate wedding anniversaries?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 100 Replies
It was our 8 yr wedding anniversary and I got a text message and 3 cheeseburgers and that was that. I dismissed Valentines Day because its a commercial holiday but our wedding anniversary???!!! Not even a card! Granted Im pregnant and work nights so going out to dinner was out but no card, no flowers-nothing! Oh and the only reason he remembered our anniversary was because he saw the date as he was entering a meeting! Ugh!
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes ma'am. I was blessed with a hubby that remembers our anniversary and my birthday. He forgets everyone else's without me or FB reminding him but he remembers the important ones. 

2015 is our 30th and we both are looking forward to it b/c we are going to have a ceremony in my belief system ... a handfasting ... hopefully on the beach. 

Sorry that you didn't have a good one. 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
He has our wedding date tattooed on his arm!!

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Yes ma'am. I was blessed with a hubby that remembers our anniversary and my birthday. He forgets everyone else's without me or FB reminding him but he remembers the important ones. 

2015 is our 30th and we both are looking forward to it b/c we are going to have a ceremony in my belief system ... a handfasting ... hopefully on the beach. 

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Wow. You need to give him a serious talking to!

Quoting MixedCooke: He has our wedding date tattooed on his arm!!
Quoting SpiritedWitch:

robbie9614
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:52 AM

No we don't celebrate it. we never have and it makes me sad. I really want to do something this year since its our 15th. I'm thinking of planning it myself and surprising him

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Some years we did some years we didn't. This year it was a family dinner and it sucked so much I was nine months pregnant and hot
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, we celebrate the anniversary of when we got engaged and when we got married. Occasionally, he'll do something special for the anniversary of our first date, too. :)

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Yes, all we like is time together. We also try to get out for dinner alone. We don't do cards or presents. He will surprise me with flowers from time to time and we will both surprise each other with a gift. But it's not expected.

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we celebrate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM
It is a big deal in my house and so isn't the day we started dating because we got married so many years later
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)