Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ugh, I do NOT like his friends!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 50 Replies

My husband's friends are loud, obnoxious, sexist, pricks and I just cannot stand it when they come over here. I always end up cooking and cleaning extra when they're here and feel like I'm a damned servant instead of his wife, and he turns into a jerk just like them when they're around. I didn't mind it so much when it was just a few times a month, but now that it's MUCH more often than that, I just can't take it anymore and I'm starting to lash out at my husband about it and causing issues between us. He just texted me that they're coming over Friday night when they were just here last night!

I'm not sure how to tell him I hate his friends. What do I do?

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM
9 moms liked this
Tell him your going out Friday. And leave it at that just find something to do when they are over and he will eventually get the hint
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orchardmoma
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
14 moms liked this

Stop playing maid to the jerks. Have some house rules, 

you want it? Go get it!

you drop it? Pick it up!

you dirty it? Clean it!

if you wake up a child being loud, you will have to rock said child back to sleep! No exceptions!!

i will be in the bathroom, enjoying a very long bubble bath. 

mygardenia
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him you are going to make plans to do something else when they come over. You can actually tell him you won't allow them to come if they don't respect the house. It's your house too. 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Straight up tell him.  That's YOUR house too.

Trevorsmommy1
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Tell him! & like someone else said, go out & do something else, if they want something they can fend for themselves.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him how you feel be honest and make him cook and clean say I am not doing it! I am done and will not be around you and them when you guys act like this..

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I would tell him you don't like them and do not appreciate how you are made to feel like a servant by him for people you do not like. He should ask you before having someone over. I also suggest that when they do come over, go out. Go shopping, movie, sit at a coffee shop and relax etc...

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Make sure you're not home when they are there and make your dh clean up after them.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM

thats usually what i do when dh has friends over.  i go out with a friend here.

Quoting chrissydan: Tell him your going out Friday. And leave it at that just find something to do when they are over and he will eventually get the hint

Brattzilla
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM

i know how you feel!!  We have the neighbors here EVERY WEEKEND.  Its so annoying, it HAS caused us problems in our relationship because we never get a chance to "talk" about the "big stuff" (as I call it)...... there is always someone here!  I wouldnt mind if my DH didnt work out of town mon-fri and then Fri night, Saturday (all day), Sunday *until about 7pm*; the neighbors are ALWAYS HERE!!

I have finally just told my Dh i dont mind if your neighbor friends come over, but please Dedicate SOMETIME to me, so we can actually TALK about our week, the upcoming bills, or whatever else I feel is important...

thankfully for 'me' the biggest pain in the ass neighbor is moving next weekend (oooh happy dance!!!!!!  lol)

You need to just tell him, you need a break from HIS friends! 

ETA: No One, not even DH's friends would ever disrespect me.  My Dh would not stand for it.  I would dare one of them to act disrespective towards me, as his wife...and that would probably be the last time they stood anywhere on my property. 

Signed "The Brat"

family in the van

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)