Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Was I in the wrong or just paranoid?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM
  • 27 Replies
I recently broke it off with a man who I had been seeing since October of last year. He was very supportive, gave me anything that I needed, and took me out for dinner, but the problem was that he was constantly calling and texting me. He would call me 3 to 4 times a day and would call me while I was in nursing school, 8 AM to 4 PM. It started to really bug me and got me in trouble a couple times, and of course I told him to stop. He was a wonderful man, but that constantly calling started to really scare me. So I finally told him I know no longer wanted to see him. He got mad and told me I changed and I wasn't the compassionate person that he started to really like.

Did i do the right thing?
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Only you can answer that question. The only negative I hear was him calling you while you were at school. DH and I text and call each other multiple times a day, I like that we are both attentative. If one of us can't talk at the moment we simply don't answer the phone.

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. That's usually a sign of being controlling, which is one step closer to being abusive.  Don't look back.

Brattzilla
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

yes, he sounds insecure and needy. If he can't leave you alone while you are in class. If he has to keep tabs on you that much, then he needs to go fix his insecurities.  Thankfully you saw the signs before you got to wrapped up.  

Walk on girl, no looking back! 

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM

This. Did he get upset if you didn't answer the phone? How long could you go without talking to him before he got really upset?

Quoting committed4ever:

Yes. That's usually a sign of being controlling, which is one step closer to being abusive.  Don't look back.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you did the right thing. It's one thing to call and text that often, it's another to get you in trouble in class for it and not stop when you asked. Looks like you may have done yourself a favor by getting out before it got any worse.

PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

He sounds super needy.  I'd dump him too.

withsecond
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If you asked him to stop and he kept doing it, then yes you made the right decision. He's probably super controlling and possessive and who wants to deal with that shit?
Verrine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM

I couldn't deal with that much neediness.

andrea.jordan
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Yes, he would be very paranoid about asking if I was ok or if I was hurt. By the 4th call, I would be very upset.

Quoting deadlights86:

This. Did he get upset if you didn't answer the phone? How long could you go without talking to him before he got really upset?

Quoting committed4ever:

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You would be upset or he would be upset? He sounds very controlling. I was in a relationship like that. My ex would threaten to kill himself if I didn't talk to him. Ugh I should have said go ahead.

Quoting andrea.jordan: Yes, he would be very paranoid about asking if I was ok or if I was hurt. By the 4th call, I would be very upset.
Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting committed4ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)