Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How long did you wait to get married after you got engaged?!(:

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 116 Replies

We just got engaged and are wondering how long you ladies waited before the ceremony! If it was a long time, why wait so long? If it was short time, why so short?(:

My mother has been married twice now and is currently single- she waited YEARS before tying the knot! This included her throwing her ring back at both of the men and away several times! What do you think of that?

Should we wait so long? We want to get married before the end of the year if possible!;)

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skylersmom44
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We got engaged in Feb. and our wedding was that Sept.  

m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

never was engaged... we just decided to get married..lol so sunday mom got me a dress and he rented a suit and my mom paid for the service.. it was just me my husband my two kids my mom and grandma the pastor and the picture lady lol. It was short and sweet and yes everyone was mad but whatever.... my sister is waited a year after she was engaged.. to each its own

sweetsouthrnMom
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Seven days exactly... He proposed...seven days later we were married...and exactly seven days after that, he was deployed. Needless to say, it was a very busy two weeks ha ha!

hammack_linda
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:21 PM

How cute!

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

never was engaged... we just decided to get married..lol so sunday mom got me a dress and he rented a suit and my mom paid for the service.. it was just me my husband my two kids my mom and grandma the pastor and the picture lady lol. It was short and sweet and yes everyone was mad but whatever.... my sister is waited a year after she was engaged.. to each its own

hammack_linda
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Amazing (: army, marine, navy, coast guard..?

Quoting sweetsouthrnMom:

Seven days exactly... He proposed...seven days later we were married...and exactly seven days after that, he was deployed. Needless to say, it was a very busy two weeks ha ha!

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We were engaged august the following may.

And because we just wanted to be married, we wanted to be married when i was 17.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We got engaged in June and married in November.  It was supposed to be the following August but I just couldn't wait that long. ;)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We met at 16, talked about marriage at 21 before he left to boot camp and got married at 22/23. We weren't engaged, he asked if I still wanted to marry him( we went on a break but stayed friends) and we got married shortly after that.
balagan_imma
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We were engaged for about 11 months before we got married. We would have gotten married sooner, but had a lot of family coming from overseas and we wanted them to be there. So getting married in the summer made a lot more sense, so the kids could be out of school (theirs, we were kidless.)

sweetsouthrnMom
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Army! He left the decision up to me, whether I wanted to do a courthouse wedding before he left, or plan my dream wedding when he returned. I made the decision to do the courthouse wedding and forego the initial dream wedding, and we will do an elaborate ceremony come 5 or 10 year anniversary. I don't regret it for a minute! I still had some beautiful pictures in a white sundress and him in his uniform, and bright cheerful fresh Summer flowers... it was beautiful and one of the best days in my life hands down!! Plus, saving the money from the wedding allowed us to have more options when he returned as well! We have been happy in love ever since..and are now expecting number two in the Fall. Congratulations to you and yours as well! I hope you find the path that makes you the happiest!

Quoting hammack_linda:

Amazing (: army, marine, navy, coast guard..?

Quoting sweetsouthrnMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)