Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aww! Medley's Message of Love?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Awww everything our cockatiel Medley does is TOO cute to us.. but we got a kick out of just now, after living here 2 yrs, he suddenly flew up and landed on one of our framed art hangings on living room wall and sat on edge of thin frame up against wall for about 5 minutes. He never did that before. lol Maybe he wanted to give us the message of lovies on the  wall hanging? 

Live Well

LOVE MUCH

Laugh often. 

What kind of messages of love or other messages do you feel you get from pets or nature etc? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish we had pets!
Nature makes me feel warm inside!!
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww!

merryvoice
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Aww, that is so cute! Thanks for sharing that. =)

Whenever I was depressed or upset, my dog Cara always knew. She would nuzzle her nose under my hand and make me pet her. She would just stare up at me for the longest time, until she knew I was okay. I lost her last month. She was my first baby! I miss her with everything in me.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Aww how sweet love it we had a bird that would do that too... Lost her :(

furbabymum
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If that ain't love I don't know what is!

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:51 AM

That is so sweet! Our cat does that with us if we are sad or hurting or sick or upset, she always knows and comes and licks our face and puts her paws up on our chest and keeps sniffing our face to see if we are ok. If I am sick and stay in bed all day long she will stay right there with me except to eat and go potty and then go right back to me. Same with Todd. 

Was Cara a certain breed or mixed? Do you have any pics you'd like to share? I crazy love animals and  love seeing pictures of them. I am SOoooo sorry for your heartbreaking loss,, I don't consider animals pets but rather family members, to us they seem like angels with fur, feathers, scales or hide etc. There is nothing like their unconditional love. HUGGSSSSS 

Quoting merryvoice: Aww, that is so cute! Thanks for sharing that. =) Whenever I was depressed or upset, my dog Cara always knew. She would nuzzle her nose under my hand and make me pet her. She would just stare up at me for the longest time, until she knew I was okay. I lost her last month. She was my first baby! I miss her with everything in me.

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Awwww I am soooooo sorry you lost your precious bird! What kind of bird did you have? How long did you have him/her? What was it's name? Do you have any pics you would like to share in his/her memory and honor?  My heart goes out to you, deeply!  Our Avian vet  predicts our cockatiel could live to be 30 and we hope and pray he is right because  even that isn't long enough. 

Quoting LadyBast:

Aww how sweet love it we had a bird that would do that too... Lost her :(

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:57 AM

giving heart That is so precious and cute, it makes me giggle and almost brings tears to my eyes over how sweet it is at the same time! thank you for sharing! Absolutely priceless!  There is nothing like the deeply devoted,  unconditional love of an animal! : ) 

Quoting furbabymum:

If that ain't love I don't know what is!

merryvoice
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay, you totally made me cry!! But in a good way. Thanks so much for your kind words of support and love. It means the World to me, especially since you don't know me. I can tell you have a great love for animals and I feel exactly the same about them. And I would love to tell you alll about her! And please forgive me if I jump back and forth too much, or don't make sense. The pain and the wound are still so fresh, and I've also just had surgery on Monday and am in a lot of pain and on a lot of morphine!

Yes, Cara (aka Care Bear, aka Lady Caramel) was a Toy Poodle. Apricot fur. She never weighed more or less than 10 pounds her whole life. In the end, she was 7 pounds. She had her issues; she was mostly blind and deaf. She had a tumor on her adrenal gland that when pressed the wrong way, would give her a surge of fear. But after holding and comforting her, she would stop shaking and settle back down. We had been told for years that the tumor could very well give her a stroke or heart attack, but definitely seizures at some point.

After all of that, that isn't what ended up getting her in the end. She was very rapidly going senile. I had kept thinking that it wasn't her time yet, because I always thought of 'suffering' as 'being in pain.' I very quickly learned that suffering isn't always about pain. It's about disorientation, it's about quality of life, it's about living in a constant state of fear and confusion. It's about my unwillingness to let her go. It's about what isn't fair to her.

I have been traveling from San Diego, CA to Scottsdale, AZ for treatment at the Mayo since January. The last trip my Mom, Daughter (20 months old) and I took out here with Cara, I knew her end was coming. All she ever did was sleep and when she wasn't sleeping, she was running in frantic circles, bumping into walls and falling off of furniture. (My guess was that she was around 18 years of age, by the way. We didn't know for sure. The only thing we were certain of is that a friend of ours found her in a dumpster 13 years ago.) I'll come back to that story in a second.

After the 2nd trip back home from AZ, I made an appointment at the Vet. That is when he told me she was senile, and very very rapidly declining. I saw that myself, just overnight. In the course of one evening, she went from a few somewhat frantic circles, to full on disorientation and the bumping into walls as I had mentioned. All night long I heard her yelping every time she ran into something. I wanted so very badly to have her in bed with me, but she was constantly falling off. I tried being on the floor with her, but she just wouldn't settle down, no matter what I did. Then I realized that I was no longer a source of comfort to her, because she was no longer aware of who I was. So the very next day, I knew exactly what had to be done. That was the 8th of February. I now have her ashes, along with two cats of ours and my Dad's on a shelf at home. We have one remaining cat and as much as I want more Fur Babies in my life again, now is not the time.

But please, let us go back to when Cara first came into our lives. That is a sad, but also sweet story. You know how people sometimes say, "I didn't choose them; they chose me"? This very much happened like that to me. Cara DID choose me. My Husband was a Marine at the time; we had been Married less than 8 months. A friend of ours lived in the same apartment complex; a very cute, very petite girl named April. She was so tiny that she fit inside her laundry basket! She also had a dog that was part wolf. April had gone to take her trash out and dismissed Cara as a paper bag blowing in the wind. She actually left her there, then thought better of it. She went back to take a second look and sure enough, it wasn't a paper bag but a dog! Her fur was so overgrown that all you could see was a tiny black nose...and just barely. When Hubby and I went to go visit that day, she said jokingly that she had a gift for me. It was a month after my Birthday, hence the little joke. But before I knew it, this little ball of Caramel fur came running up to me, leapt in my arms and wouldn't stop licking me. Now, April was a bit of a party girl. She had people going in and out of her apartment all day, and Cara stayed hidden underneath that kitchen table. Away from everyone...everyone but me. The first thought that Hubby had in his head? "Well f*ck me. I just got a damn dog." (He didn't want one, in case you didn't gather that!) But from that second on, she was mine.

We had gotten her cleaned up...her fur was matted to the skin. I mean, she had to be shaved down to the quick. Mites, fleas, knots, diarrhea, malnutrition...you name it, she had it. But she cleaned up real quick and has been nothing but a happy and perfect dog since. Even to the end, she did her little "Happy Dance." Ah yes, we guessed her age as around 18 because she already had cataracts in her eyes when she came into our lives.

Wow, that turned out to be a lot longer than I expected. I'm also quite emotional because I'm in the hospital all surgeryfied, in pain in the middle of the night all by myself, and on tons of morphine. But thank you SO much for listening. I only let myself ramble on because I sensed in you, real, true caring and genuine understanding.

You mentioned a cat who just knows when something is up with you; our remaining cat Jezebel, is exactily the same. But, alas, I have written you enough of a novel as it is! I will respond in another text, with Cara's picture. Thank you for reading. =)

Quoting earthangel1967:

That is so sweet! Our cat does that with us if we are sad or hurting or sick or upset, she always knows and comes and licks our face and puts her paws up on our chest and keeps sniffing our face to see if we are ok. If I am sick and stay in bed all day long she will stay right there with me except to eat and go potty and then go right back to me. Same with Todd. 

Was Cara a certain breed or mixed? Do you have any pics you'd like to share? I crazy love animals and  love seeing pictures of them. I am SOoooo sorry for your heartbreaking loss,, I don't consider animals pets but rather family members, to us they seem like angels with fur, feathers, scales or hide etc. There is nothing like their unconditional love. HUGGSSSSS 

Quoting merryvoice: Aww, that is so cute! Thanks for sharing that. =)

Whenever I was depressed or upset, my dog Cara always knew. She would nuzzle her nose under my hand and make me pet her. She would just stare up at me for the longest time, until she knew I was okay. I lost her last month. She was my first baby! I miss her with everything in me.

merryvoice
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My precious Care Bear. She was cremated with that Princess bed. This is one of the last pictures I have of her, taken in January.

Quoting merryvoice: Okay, you totally made me cry!! But in a good way. Thanks so much for your kind words of support and love. It means the World to me, especially since you don't know me. I can tell you have a great love for animals and I feel exactly the same about them. And I would love to tell you alll about her! And please forgive me if I jump back and forth too much, or don't make sense. The pain and the wound are still so fresh, and I've also just had surgery on Monday and am in a lot of pain and on a lot of morphine!

Yes, Cara (aka Care Bear, aka Lady Caramel) was a Toy Poodle. Apricot fur. She never weighed more or less than 10 pounds her whole life. In the end, she was 7 pounds. She had her issues; she was mostly blind and deaf. She had a tumor on her adrenal gland that when pressed the wrong way, would give her a surge of fear. But after holding and comforting her, she would stop shaking and settle back down. We had been told for years that the tumor could very well give her a stroke or heart attack, but definitely seizures at some point.

After all of that, that isn't what ended up getting her in the end. She was very rapidly going senile. I had kept thinking that it wasn't her time yet, because I always thought of 'suffering' as 'being in pain.' I very quickly learned that suffering isn't always about pain. It's about disorientation, it's about quality of life, it's about living in a constant state of fear and confusion. It's about my unwillingness to let her go. It's about what isn't fair to her.

I have been traveling from San Diego, CA to Scottsdale, AZ for treatment at the Mayo since January. The last trip my Mom, Daughter (20 months old) and I took out here with Cara, I knew her end was coming. All she ever did was sleep and when she wasn't sleeping, she was running in frantic circles, bumping into walls and falling off of furniture. (My guess was that she was around 18 years of age, by the way. We didn't know for sure. The only thing we were certain of is that a friend of ours found her in a dumpster 13 years ago.) I'll come back to that story in a second.

After the 2nd trip back home from AZ, I made an appointment at the Vet. That is when he told me she was senile, and very very rapidly declining. I saw that myself, just overnight. In the course of one evening, she went from a few somewhat frantic circles, to full on disorientation and the bumping into walls as I had mentioned. All night long I heard her yelping every time she ran into something. I wanted so very badly to have her in bed with me, but she was constantly falling off. I tried being on the floor with her, but she just wouldn't settle down, no matter what I did. Then I realized that I was no longer a source of comfort to her, because she was no longer aware of who I was. So the very next day, I knew exactly what had to be done. That was the 8th of February. I now have her ashes, along with two cats of ours and my Dad's on a shelf at home. We have one remaining cat and as much as I want more Fur Babies in my life again, now is not the time.

But please, let us go back to when Cara first came into our lives. That is a sad, but also sweet story. You know how people sometimes say, "I didn't choose them; they chose me"? This very much happened like that to me. Cara DID choose me. My Husband was a Marine at the time; we had been Married less than 8 months. A friend of ours lived in the same apartment complex; a very cute, very petite girl named April. She was so tiny that she fit inside her laundry basket! She also had a dog that was part wolf. April had gone to take her trash out and dismissed Cara as a paper bag blowing in the wind. She actually left her there, then thought better of it. She went back to take a second look and sure enough, it wasn't a paper bag but a dog! Her fur was so overgrown that all you could see was a tiny black nose...and just barely. When Hubby and I went to go visit that day, she said jokingly that she had a gift for me. It was a month after my Birthday, hence the little joke. But before I knew it, this little ball of Caramel fur came running up to me, leapt in my arms and wouldn't stop licking me. Now, April was a bit of a party girl. She had people going in and out of her apartment all day, and Cara stayed hidden underneath that kitchen table. Away from everyone...everyone but me. The first thought that Hubby had in his head? "Well f*ck me. I just got a damn dog." (He didn't want one, in case you didn't gather that!) But from that second on, she was mine.

We had gotten her cleaned up...her fur was matted to the skin. I mean, she had to be shaved down to the quick. Mites, fleas, knots, diarrhea, malnutrition...you name it, she had it. But she cleaned up real quick and has been nothing but a happy and perfect dog since. Even to the end, she did her little "Happy Dance." Ah yes, we guessed her age as around 18 because she already had cataracts in her eyes when she came into our lives.

Wow, that turned out to be a lot longer than I expected. I'm also quite emotional because I'm in the hospital all surgeryfied, in pain in the middle of the night all by myself, and on tons of morphine. But thank you SO much for listening. I only let myself ramble on because I sensed in you, real, true caring and genuine understanding.

You mentioned a cat who just knows when something is up with you; our remaining cat Jezebel, is exactily the same. But, alas, I have written you enough of a novel as it is! I will respond in another text, with Cara's picture. Thank you for reading. =)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting merryvoice: Aww, that is so cute! Thanks for sharing that. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)