Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disagreement with my relationship!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

My boyfriend and I are happy. We have been happy since we met. He is 54 and I'm 29. Because of this we have people wondering if it will work. 

I then have people asking me if we are moving too fast because he is talking about a ring. 

Is there such thing as moving too fast? How fast is that?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM
How long have you been together?
owl0210
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Is he rich? lol
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

well.. you left out a lot of details.

how long have you known each other? with an age descrepancy like that, I'd say you should take it slow. Some relationships move quickly and work, and some move quickly and fizzle.

Has he been married before? Have you? Do you both have enough experience with what it takes to make a relationship last? to make a marriage?

MonarchMom22
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

54 is very, very different than 29.  more different than y,ou can imagine.  in 10 years he will be retirement age, and you will be just hitting your stride.  

if people are questioning this, it is most likey because they care about you and want to see you happy.

I would say "too fast" is when you don't have the time to weigh all the factors, enjoy the courtship and get to know each other, and see your partner under many different circumstances. 

What is the rush?

Artsy_mama
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

We will have been together for 3 months. When he was talking about a ring it was a birthday gift

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I "met" my boyfriend officially back in September of last year. However he had been attending my church on occassion for about a year. When we "met" it was on FB. I had been asked to lead a children's group at church. I knew he had kids so I sent him a FB friend request so I could ask him about them coming. HE messaged me 1st. It took about a month before we went on an actual date. Then it was 2 more months before we went on date #2. Within a month he told me he loves me & that he wants to marry me. However we agreed to give it a year to make sure this is really what we want & that we really are perfect for each other. But I have no doubt in my mind at all!

Artsy_mama
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:59 PM

All the more we do is go to movies, go to dinner, take my son to the park. We haven't "done"anything. That's why I don't get why they say we are moving too fast. 

We hang out. We enjoy each others company. We care a lot for each other. My son just loves him. 

Yes we have both been married before. 

CafeMom Tickers
LeKendria
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I've been there and will not do it again. That man has lived his life. Let him be.
Monsita
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:11 AM
When you are ready, you will know!
When the time is right, you will feel it in your heart!

Hugs and congratulations!

Quoting Artsy_mama:

All the more we do is go to movies, go to dinner, take my son to the park. We haven't "done"anything. That's why I don't get why they say we are moving too fast. 

We hang out. We enjoy each others company. We care a lot for each other. My son just loves him. 

Yes we have both been married before. 

merryvoice
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Well, I got Married 10 months after I met Hubby. We've been Married now for 13 years. 14 in October.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)