Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant take much more (edit)

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 49 Replies
My husband is always thinking I am cheating and constantly brings it up. I have never cheated on him nor have i given him a reason to think i am. Ive tried everything to make him see I'm not cheating. I stopped talking to any male because it is just easier to not have male friends then to have him constantly accusing and thinking. Now today I am at my parents house visiting and he calls and gives me an attitude because i didn't call him. He says he didn't get mad or give an attitude but he did. He got mad saying he was always the one to call that I never call him which is true i don't like calling people. He said he would stop calling me to make me call him. He even got mad cause he cause he called after i put our daughter to bed and he didn't get to talk to her. All his fears of my cheating or constantly thinking i have plans to leave him are making me feel like shit. Even my mom says she hates when he guilt trips me. I just don't know if i can take it anymore.

Edit- so he just called. Apparently he is irritated about the counseling he said he was doing it for me. Then out of the blue he said he wasn't cheating the topic never came up until he said that... So I asked if he was since he is the one bringing it up. All he said is you think I'm cheating and im not so i said its just weird yu keep bringing it up. Next topic: Then he said he had to go make dinner (he is at his parents helping out since his dad is going threw radiation) he said "I'll call you after. Better yet you call me." Like i know when he would be done eating. I asked him to give me a time and he said in this weird tone "whenever you feel like talking to me." He is mad because I don't call him. I don't like calling and talking to other people if it was his cell it would be different but its their house phone and i am a shy person. I am starting to wonder if counseling will even work since he doesn't seem to want to go... And idk if I can pay 150 a week for nothing...
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
STEPMOMDD
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Dies he have a past that women have cheated on him?
MaceesMamma
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes his ex who he has a child with cheated on him now I feel like i am paying for what she did. I had an ex that cheated on me just as bad but I dont think he is cheating
alaskadreams
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:28 PM

you need to talk to him about his ex.  You are not his ex and aren't cheating on him.  that or he's cheating on you and to make himself feel better about it he's blaming you so he doesnt' have to live with the guilt.  I doubt that is it.  So I say COMMUNICATION is key for you guys

MaceesMamma
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I have tried talking to him at least once a week about it but he doesn't seem to Think its that bad. I have isolated myself because its easier then to walk on egg shells watching everything I say to everyone. He also keeps asking what's wrong with me and telling me I'm acting weird when I'm not
GwenMB
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I would strongly urge you to talk to a counselor/therapist.  I think he's trying to control you in a way that is abusive.  When he causes you to isolate yourself from friends, that is a form of abuse.

MaceesMamma
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I have asked him to go with me to counseling but he isnt ready to admit something is wrong.
alaskadreams
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with GwenMB- it is sounding like he's being controlling.  That is not OK.  The fact that you are walking on egg shells and alienating yourself from friends and people is a red flag.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
If he wants to save your marriage he needs to talk to a therapist and marriage counseling for both.
Sissi30
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Wow, he sounds extremely insecure
Acid
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a stellar human being.  I can see why you married him and had kids with him too!

He sounds controlling and dangerous.  Time to think of ways to either fix the mess or get out before he turns abusive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)