Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How often does your SO/DH compliment you?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 143 Replies
And how does it make you feel?

:/ my DH never compliments me. I have to basically fish for compliments and ask the questions "how do I look?" "Do I look okay?" I flat out asked him if I am attractive while I was at work, his immediate reaction was "why? Everyone you work with is old". I am really depressed and stressed over this. And also, I never get the "you're beautiful" or anything like that. I get "pretty" and I've only gotten that lame compliment 3 times in our entire relationship of several years!!! I have turned to flirting with a guy at my work to help me feel better. :(( it's nice to feel attractive and my husband doesn't understand that I need to know that every now and then to keep from feeling ugly.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marinemom03
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Eddie compliments me everyday.at least once,he grew up with a lot of sister so he knows a woman needs to hear it
I hope you get what you need
Not all men realize it
csmcgr
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM
5 moms liked this

My husband almost never compliments me on anything. Im 14 years younger than him and he is the only "man" (that is not a high school boy)  I have ever been with so the rare compliments are jewels. The one I like best is when we walk into a room and I catch him watching me and when I ask him "what?" he says "you don't even realize it do you?" I said what do you mean? and he says "every guy in this room stared at you when we walked in the door." I smiled and said and you get to take me home. Look for the sneeky compliments :)

ChevPhay86
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM

My husband compliments me daily.  Even if it is just to tell me that I'm beautiful without make up.  HAHA...He makes sure to say something nice to me every day.  He has always been good about that.  BUT my father is that way with my mother.  He NEVER compliments her.  I'm sure it is just b/c he doesn't think of it or maybe it makes him uncomfortable...but I wouldn't take it personally.  Flirting with other men is a fine line.  Yes, it is just flirting, but make sure it stays there.  Flirting can very quickly turn to something else.  Do you tell your husband that you would like him to notice you more?  Say some compliments to make you feel special.  I know my husband and I have conversations regularly about what we each need.  Sometimes you don't even realise that YOU might be missing something THEY need.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Daily, multiple times a day. It's a huge ego boost knowing after 10 years he still finds me sexy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylmoore
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe once a year if that.  I feel your pain. Living without affection is something I've had to learn to live with. I know DH loves me but it's sad to realize this is my life.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Very very rarely.  Oddly enough it's never really bothered me.  I guess I take it forgranted that he wouldn't have dated me had I not been attractive to him.

charlotsomtimes
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:35 AM

been with hubby 22 yrs-  until he moved to Utah without me in September (for work- I'm going in May) never -other than to compilment a meal

He has said a few things lately- but it's VErY strange for me to hear- I'm not used to it, or him doing it. Not that it isn't nice, it's just...odd

I have always known he loves me though so- It didn't bother me much, he's just not a very complimentary type of guy-also not really touchy-feely or emotion showing so...

beeky
by Alexandra on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Every day.
greenlove2013
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:37 AM
"No one cares" is what my SO says
mysweet1s
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

My DH compliments me all of the time - many times per day...I think I take it for granted, to be honest.  Have you flat out told your DH what you need?  That it makes you feel loved when he compliments you?  My DH recently told me that he needs me to be more affectionate, that he knows that it doesn't come naturally to me (he's right, it doesn't), but that he needed me to "fake it til I make it" lol.  I have, and it has already made a change to our already pretty great relationship.  I should note that he was sweet and lovely when he told me this, rather than accusatory or mean. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)