Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he wear his wedding ring?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:04 PM
  • 160 Replies

Because of his job, my husband can't wear his ring (it's a safety hazard), so it doesn't bother me but my sister's husband works an office job and doesn't wear his ring. She's really upset with him about it and thinks he's cheating on her just because he refuses to wear the ring. But he said it's not comfortable typing with that big bulky thing on all day.

Does your husband wear his wedding ring? If yes, would it bother you if he decided to stop? If no, do you wish he wore one?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Neither DH or I wear wedding rings.  He almost lost his finger because of his so he just stopped wearing it.  Doesn't bother me.  I don't have mine anymore but I would like another set.  Sometimes I wish DH would wear his ring.....just something sexy about it. lol 

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Yep..he works from home so no issue with work for him.
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM

He wears it all day every day.  It would have bugged me if from the time we got married he never wanted to wear it, but I'd be downright suspicious if he all of a sudden after 12 years decided to stop wearing it. 

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:50 PM

always, he only takes it off when he showers.

TheFairest
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
DH husband has never taken it off, it'll be 9yrs since I slipped it on his finger.
sweetsouthrnMom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, my Husband and I both wear our wedding rings 24/7. My Husband is in the military and trust me, that ring sure does see some dirt and grim and action... but he never takes it off! I honestly don't see the point in purchasing a ring, and then never wearing it unless your job specifically states you can not wear it. My Husband and I are both firm believers in wearing the rings...and mine definitely has some sparkle but I wear it 24/7...shower...pool...dishes...gardening...it's the symbol of my love and marriage to my soul mate, and same to my Husband.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Yep we both do.
I'm the one who has to take it off for work sometimes
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Yes he wears it.
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Nope, he's a machinist so it's a safety hazard for him too.
JalynSpoon
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

We are not married yet, but I already told him that I want him to wear his ring whenever he can. I know his job is hands on so I understand at work, he won't wear it. But if he is not at work, then he should wear it. He is mine so I do want others to know he is taken.. (:

My sisters ex-husband NEVER wore his. He did work with his hands all the time, but even when he wasn't, he refused. She bought it & he never put it on. I think that is just ignorant. You are married so wear it. It's a symbol of marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)