• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not communicating with your wife

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi  I've been married it will be 9 years in June this year. I love my husband but, he don't know how to talk about situation when we have a disagreement . With that beening  said I feel he don't care or he just want time to heel all wounds . Hell I'm tired of that . Talk too me !!!!!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How have you guys been married so long with little/no communication?

Brattzilla
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:33 AM

how do you approach him?  Are you soft spoken and want to "discuss" or are you coming at him with some kind of attitude, that makes him want to back down because he doesnt want to listen to the yelling.

It may be in your approach

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Tell him sometime you really have to say what you just did to get them to understand

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM

That is really hard because good communication is so important.   If talking doesn't work, maybe trying putting what you have to say on paper? 

TheMommaJessie
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM

ive been married 5 years this june and im in the same boat we just dont talk when something is wrong i just shut down because i feel like he really doesnt give a shit if he did what he did to bother me and he knows what bothers me yet he does it any ways

withsecond
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I would just tell him that nothing will be resolved and things will continue to come up in arguments if he doesn't talk about them. 

How did you guys go this long without figuring out a way to communicate?

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Yep that is me yell and scream IDC just do something do not just ignore me I am bad I will start it again and bitch!

mrs42
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM

How do/did you respond when he tried talking? Was there some attitude on your part that makes him want to avoid 'conflict?' try explaining to him that communication is the only way to resolve things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)