Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Which is better for a marriage/relationship?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
  • 133 Replies
Do you think it's better to keep most things that are bothering you bottled up OR to let your S/O you're upset about something?

In general which do you think is better? What about for YOUR relationship personally?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brattzilla
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

If its something thats going to truly matter.. I let him know

If i am pre-menstrual and he at all the Oreo's, or he left the cap off the toothpaste..  Eh, i will suck it up, and move on. 

AviannasMama
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I'm the type that let's it known when I'm upset. ALWAYS. Although I wonder if I should just keep quiet to not start a fight.

I try not to nag about the same thing over and over (I'm working on it!) But if he does something that hurts my feelings, I ABSOLUTELY let him know!!

He's the opposite. He'll keep things bottled in forever until he finally gets so upset. I always Tell him "how do I know you're upset if you don't tell me!!??".
AviannasMama
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Same with me! Well at least I'm TRYING to hold back on those things.

Quoting Brattzilla:

If its something thats going to truly matter.. I let him know

If i am pre-menstrual and he at all the Oreo's, or he left the cap off the toothpaste..  Eh, i will suck it up, and move on. 

Smoore922
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I don't sweat the small stuff, I am very emotional and kind of crazy (especially right now) so I know that some of my issues I should just let go instead of sounding like all I do is nag and complain. lol

However, if he does something that hurts my feelings or really bothers me I most certainly talk about it. I think it's important to have good communication to make any relationship work.

Him, on the other hand, def bottles it up :/

TKGK88
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel it depends, its not always a good idea to open up and talk about what's upsetting you to your s/o dh, cause your s/o and dh doesn't necessarily want to hear it all the time, cannot blame a man, it gets tiring to hear, i feel it's better to talk to a woman friend and or female relative, sister, mother etc. they can better understand and relate that's why. its okay once in awhile to open up to your s/o and or dh, just not all the time.  remember men aren't women., and women aren't men we are so different from one another, which its the way it should be in my opinion, i wouldn't want it any other way!

Crazylife1994
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I always tell my husband it is the only way to find a solution.

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM

honestly i think neither is good. go vent to someone outside of the relationship. i know if i do anything it is never good.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I'm not the type to keep shit to myself so obviously I believe in being open.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I don't think there is an, "in general" answer to that.  I think it is a case by case basis kind of thing.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM

It's not good to keep things bottled up so I'd say it's better to just spit it out.  DH has a tendancy to keep things bottled up and then blow up 2 years later about something I thought we were well over and done with.  I spit it out right away and as soon as it's resolved completely forget about it and move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)