Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Re-inventing myself.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Now that I am single, again, after decades, I joined meetup.com which is a any age group for your local area get together.  I signed up for five different groups.  Christian get together, board games get together, book get together, Fun in the Gump (Montgomery, AL) at different places around town and classic movie get together at a vintage theater, one screen.  Most are held at local Panera Bread stores or Applebee's, The Riverfront Park and the Capri Theater.  It is free to join and they charge no due.  I will be able to meet new people and not for dating, just getting to know more people.  Expand my horizons. 

My exh is my yard care man and he found it strange that I am going out, alone, without him, he is welcome to come and join, but not for dating.  I think he will realize that I am not in love with him anymore.  I would love for him to court me again, but I am not tossing my heart out there to get hurt again. 

I am also on a tight budget, so these low cost or free things are great for my financial plans.  I have to replace a few thousand dollars I had to pull out of the bank for tree roof damage and co pays for medication that was stolen.  I have had it in my plans to sell my current house and build a new one some time in 2015.  That was well under way prior to our divorce.  The funds are in my name, since I was the only one who ever saved anything, so he cannot get at that.  I also own this current house prior to our marriage. 

Thank you all for the prayers and concern.  I have a lot to do to get this house ready for sale and I have to start finding a house builder.  I have the land, also purchased a long time ago and the house plans.  It is just the building now.  I will sell this house and add it to what I have saved.  I will again have a tiny mortgage, if any at all.  Beans and rice and rice and beans are okay for now, I want a new house someday soon.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jerzymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Good luck with the house. I would be careful with those dating sites. You can run into some real nut jobs.

All the best to you...

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Good luck to you and be safe on those dating sites!
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

With your health issues.. shouldn't you be putting some money into a better diet for yourself ??

MsBlueBelle
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I am on a tight diet and have been for over a year.  There are more things I can't eat than those that I can.  I have dropped 85 pounds in the past 18 months.  Now that the steroids are done and no more chemo, I am getting back to my normal size.  Thanks for the advice.  Now that I have learned to walk, within limits and with my service dog, I enjoy going out as much as I can.

I have a tight budget but it does include good food, lots of fruits and veggies, and I am not much of a meat eater. 

I have been planning this new house for the past 9 years.  Now that my children have completed college, which I paid cash each semester, I can now focus on what my needs are.  I know I sound like a spend thrift, going out for coffee or a light snack with new friends, but I do budget even that little bit into my budget/spending plan. A few dollars that I can spend without regard.  $20 mad money is what I call that piece of the budget.  I didn't want to join match.com or any dating sights for over 50's, I don't really want to get married again. 

Meetup.com are groups of people who like to do the same type of things, playing Monopoly or UNO.  Talking about the same type of books or watching classic movies on a vintage screen, like Casablanca or The Wizard of Oz.  These groups meet in public places and I always have my service dog who will not let anyone near me who he feels is not a good risk. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

With your health issues.. shouldn't you be putting some money into a better diet for yourself ??

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Gotcha!! Congrats on the weight loss :)  That's amazing!!! 

MsBlueBelle
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM

The beans and rice and rice and beans is a quote from Dave Ramsey and his way to live like no one else NOW, so I can live like no one else LATER.  I have every budget from 1979 to today.  I am a total budget nerd and have taught my children to be budget nerds.  Yes, I sent two children to medical school and law school and paid cash for every dime.  I paid cash for my humble home ages ago.  If I sell it for what I paid for it, break even, I have lived rent free for all of these years.  Rice and beans, cooked correctly is a good basic diet.  Pasta is a good carb that does not screw up my blood sugar levels.  So, please don't worry about me eating bad-for-me food, all for the sake of saving money.  I live near a great Farmer's Market and I buy what is in season at a great cost.  I shop for clothes at shopgoodwill.com and at my local Goodwill store.  I cannot think of anything I have ever purchased brand new.  Except lettuce, maybe.  lol 

Again, thanks for your concern over eatting correctly.  

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Good job! Way to go! So proud of you in your weight loss, your tlc, all your efforts, your socializations, etc etc etc and your  attitude!  Keep up the great work!  Day by day you are creating the life you truly deserve!  YAYYY  YOU!!! 

Your progress and accomplishments really make me smile inside and out!  : D

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)