Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Lost & Confused

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm a little overwhelmed tonight and this is why.  My husband of five years has been depressed.  This is not new, it is something he has battled since he was a kid.  I scheduled the appointment for tonight and before we went in, he asked me not to leave him.  I thought he was being a little silly and insecure so paid it no mind. 

At the therapy session she goes over his health history.  After she is done with him, she starts asking me the same questions she asked him.  It is then when he stops her and tells her that he has also been abusing rx meds.  I was a little confused and then he went on to say, he took the remainding bottle (about 2 weeks worth) of my daughter's ADHD med.  I began to cry.  Why would he do such thing? Why would he want to kill himself?  He lied to me and told me he made no attempts. Why would he take her meds? He clearly knows how much she struggles in school and it is the only thing that gets her by. 

I dropped him off at the psyc ward and told him I loved him.  I told him I hope he feels better so that I can have my husband back and we can go back to the way things were. He was never the "happy" type but this is the second time I have seen his depression get this bad.  Now that I have had some time to think about it, I have more questions than answers.  I don't know what to think anymore.  Why would he hide this from me as I thought we had a close relationship and we communicated well?  Why lie about attempting the suicide? I could have gotten him help last night.  What if he had actually committed suicide? I would have been a mess.  What if my daughter was the one to have found him? So many things running through my head right now.  I know we will have many more therapy sessions before it'll get better. 

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you get some sessions on your own.
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

im so sorry. i hope he can get the help he needs. take the time to find some help yourself. therapy needs to be a two way street here

weddingcountdown.com

apriljjj
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I know what you are going through. Just try to take everyday one day at a time. Call him if you can or even write to him if you cant call. just let him know that you are there for him and that you love him and cant wait for him to get better so that he can come home to his family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)