Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

really need some good advice about what a guy said

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ive been commenting on certain posts on his facebook page , nothing too major or revealing the fact that I like him.  Recently he became single and was replying to my posts a bit more.  On one of his recent posts someone had mentioned they were looking for a decent husband and I joked back that they didnt exist not in my life yet anyway.  He commented on this last night saying "They do there are plenty to go around :o) " What does this mean????!!  Is he hinting about himself being available??! God I wish I knew how to reply to that without looking like an idiot or without scaring him off if i have a chance? He is younger than me he is 25 I am quite a bit older lol I dont think he knows how old I am though.  i have only met him once in real life a few years ago when he opened his business and had an open day. 

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chickadees
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Ask him if he has anyone in mind for you.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Just PM him and ask

ysnicholas
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:49 AM
You should comment back and ask if he knows any, lol.
cj38x
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  Ive left it a while and just replied now but I dont have enough courage to PM him so I just put "can you point some in my direction then please!" see what happens......  I just hope he gets that I really mean him!  What will be will be.......

MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I think that's the perfect response! It opens it up for him to contact you if he meant anything by the original comment. And if he didn't, he'll think it's funny without hinting how you feel and weirding him out! Good luck :)

Quoting cj38x:

Thanks!  Ive left it a while and just replied now but I dont have enough courage to PM him so I just put "can you point some in my direction then please!" see what happens......  I just hope he gets that I really mean him!  What will be will be.......

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM
I anxious to hear what he responds. Good luck

Quoting MomToovey:

I think that's the perfect response! It opens it up for him to contact you if he meant anything by the original comment. And if he didn't, he'll think it's funny without hinting how you feel and weirding him out! Good luck :)

Quoting cj38x:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM

suspense!   Good luck!

mrs42
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM

i agree with momtoovey. hope it works out!

cj38x
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM

:o(  he didnt reply in the way Id hoped! As he is a life coach and helps people with their problems he took it onboard like that and suggested I make a list of the things that I am looking for and what Im not and what kind of a person should I be to attract the person Id like etc.  Gutted!  I replied to that by saying "its okay making these lists but I dont have a social life so cant meet anyone, circumstances sometimes outweigh the options".   What I really meant by that was having a child and being single isnt easy meeting someone!  You need a babysitter on standby and I only have a small family.  He hasnt replied to that as yet and I know he has been online as he has posted things.  Oh well, I tried!  Thanks for the advice :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)