Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

remember ur first husband?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM
  • 33 Replies

If you dont have a first husband then I guess this question is not for you...

Well im divorced its been since 2012...

I have someone new but I still think of my first husband like I still kinda miss him and what we had and couldve had. Could it be that im not fully healed frm this? Or that hes my first husband and ill never forget him? I lie to my new bf and say I dnt miss him nor think of him but inside I really do. I have to get over it. Justcwant to kno if thetes sny other women who still think bk of thete first husband though after time has passed. . 

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SitaStJames
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You may not b completely healed. Why did you two divorce?
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:32 AM

why did you divorce? I dont miss my ex at all. I will never forget about him because i have two kids with him. But he was abusive to me, so i really dont miss him. Maybe you are not over the divorce and need more time before you start dating. Take your time. Good luck.

elizabg
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My boyfriend passed away in 2009. I was with him for 2 1/2 years. He will always be my best friend and my soulmate. I found a man that respects that part of my life and doesn't compete with boyfriend. I think once you are with somebody they will always remain in your heart.
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't miss my ex dh at all. We've been divorced since 2006. Been with df since 2010. Maybe you need more time to heal. Not that you need to end your current relationship but I've always felt it's better to heal independently before starting something new. Maybe a break to heal?
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I don't miss my ex husband at all.  We've been divorced since 2003 (finalized).  He was just a dumb teenage mistake though lol.  It very well could be that you have not healed from this.  How long were you married to him?  You might not be ready to move on yet.

mama2bee2013
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Quoting SitaStJames: You may not b completely healed. Why did you two divorce?

Things were going great until one day he left and was gone all day n never answered my calls he showed up late that night me being upset I ddnt let him in. Then the nxt day he came home grabbed cloths n took off to live with his two buddies frm wrk. And it stayed like tht till we divorced.  Turns out he went to a bar, and later on tht gut feeling of mine was teue he told me he had met someone. Was seeing her during our separation.  We seperated late feb 26 2012 he made it official with her in april found out frm a friend on fb. You can only imagine the pain n sorrow I went through everynight since the day he left ..up till the divorce. .I started to let go. But I still think of him.

mama2bee2013
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Things were going great until one day he left and was gone all day n never answered my calls he showed up late that night me being upset I ddnt let him in. Then the nxt day he came home grabbed cloths n took off to live with his two buddies frm wrk. And it stayed like tht till we divorced.  Turns out he went to a bar, and later on tht gut feeling of mine was teue he told me he had met someone. Was seeing her during our separation.  We seperated late feb 26 2012 he made it official with her in april found out frm a friend on fb. You can only imagine the pain n sorrow I went through everynight since the day he left ..up till the divorce. .I started to let go. But I still think of him.

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

why did you divorce? I dont miss my ex at all. I will never forget about him because i have two kids with him. But he was abusive to me, so i really dont miss him. Maybe you are not over the divorce and need more time before you start dating. Take your time. Good luck.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My first Husband, is now my 2nd Husband lol.

Marinemom03
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM
No not at all
Fairegirl33
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

If I didn't have children with him, it would be very easy to forget him LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)