Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Help for my mom please!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

My mom got married in December. Its been great, he's been really good to her. But in Late January, He had a heart attack and nearly died. The dr's did emergency surgery and put a stent in. That artery was 95% blocked. So now he his on 4 different prescriptions. I know one is a blood thinner, he also has thyroid problems and is on a medication for that, and a colesterol pill also. About 3 weeks ago he started having confusion. Not remembering things he had already done, going into a room and forgetting what he needed. Well not that confusion as progressed to full on hallucinations. He has now accused my mother of having an affair with his brother!!! He swears he watched from their bedroom while his brother was f***ing my mother on the couch in the living room!!! Yesterday they were at the nascar races and he accused her of giving his brother a hand job right there in the stands!! She was so mad and upset that she left and had a police officer give her a ride to the nearest hotel where my brother (who lived on the other side of dallas came to get her) After the races were over He came to get her from my brother's house. My brother gave him a hell of an ass chewing for treating our mother like that. He told my brother they needed to talk things out and work out their problems. So my mom went with him back to their house. After they got home the fight continued. He said that if she didn't admit to having the affair, he would file for divorce today. She said she wasn't about to admit to something she didn't do. She can't hardly stand his brother, she only tolerates him because he is her husbands brother. She asked him if he confronted his brother about the so called affair. At first he told her yes, but then retracted and said "well he would have just denied it" meaning he really didn't.  My mom is convinced that the medication is causing these hallucinations. This morning when he took his medication he only took 1 pill, the one for his thyroid. He has an appointment Friday with his cartiologist. I told her to let him just take the Thyroid pill, and get off the others. Obviously one of them or a mixture of a few is causing this. This might be his attempt to get his head straight. She said that she would give it until the appointment to see if things get any better. If they don't she will agree to a divorce, because she won't stand to keep being treated like this. Her whole life she has been abused, and she deserves better. Her father abused her, she lived in foster homes most of her childhood until high school when she went to live with her grandmother and even then was still abused by her father. Then she married my dad. Was married to him for 30 years. He beat on her almost weekly. After finally getting the courage to leave, i have finally gotten threw to her that she deserves better and to be strong willed that she can be on her own, that having a man isn't a nessessity but just something nice to have around. The thing is she lives in East Texas and it is beautiful down there and she doesn't want to leave that area, but she has no family there. My brother is in Dallas, but he moves often so its not good to try to set roots near him because he might not be there long. Me, Im in the TX panhandle. Its ugly up here. Its dry, dusty, & windy. But here she has me, my husband, and our kids. And a few friends here. My mom is just so scared right now. She doesn't want to give up on her marriage so quickly, but she isn't willing to be treated badly. He even told her that even if they did get past this, he would never trust her again. Has anyone ever delt with problems like this with medically induced hallucinations?

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry - she needs to call his doctor right away!

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Sounds to me more like he stroked out. He needs to get scanned and checked out asap.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Wow! Sounds like he definitely needs to keep that appointment with his dr. That's crazy!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
He needs medical attention ASAP.
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Apr. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Im with the others. He needs medical attention. If your mom thinks this may be because of the medications, why hasn't your mother called his doctors? Obviously he isn't fit to do it and be trusted to say things correctly.

I am sorry she is going through this. Hopefully if it is the meds, the doctor can change it and her husband realize what this caused her to go through and they work on it.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

It sounds like he's had a stroke.  And a pretty massive one from the sounds of it.  His brain is all confused.  She needs to make an appointment with his neurologist right away.

My grandmother (she raised me and was "mom") had her carotid artery 95% blocked.  After her surgery to have it cleaned out (a few hours after surgery) she stroked out and was never the same since.

This happened almost 2 years ago and we just laid her to rest yesterday.  I'm afraid your mom might be in for a long road ahead. (hugs)

BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

you can't just Stop taking Blood Thinner's(High Blood Pressure Pill's)they have to lower the dosage ...I know that HBP pill's can make men aggressive ....my husband takes them ...after 5 different types Atenol is the best yet....no more non sense ....hope that helps :) an good luck to you an your mama

MommyT642
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

his dr called yesterday and said he wants a catscan of his head done. there might be a possibility of the blood thinners causing his brain to bleed out. Anyway he is suppose to do that tomorrow before they go to the dr appointment. This morning he appologized for his recent behavior and told he can't live without her :) He is willing to do whatever he can to fix this problem and get back to normal.

furbabymum
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM

He shouldn't be going off medication without Dr. approval. That's a recipe for death.

jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Glad they are doing a scan of his head... Hope he gets the help he needs ... I'm surprised they didn't tell him to go to the hospital right a way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN