Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you ask or do you just buy?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 92 Replies

So what do you ask to buy and what would you just buy??
Just curious I normally just buy unless it is a huge expense..

What about all of you?

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
We both just buy.
If it is something massive we tell out of politeness. We both don't 'ask' we are adults
(Though DH at the beginning did ask because he felt bad as a lot of our money is my money, but I told him to stop and he got over it pretty sharpish)
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to buy but I keep it within reason :)

Jenneric2012
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I'm with you. About 98% of the time I just buy however if it's something costly I talk to my dh first.
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband keeps track of the finances. While I don't ask, per se, I will tell him that I was planning on getting X and he will let me know if it is within this weeks budget. I guess if it's under $10 I just do it, though...
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM
If its something big i let him know what im buying and he does the same
jandj4
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I normally just buy. We have our own accounts so as long as my stuff is paid he shouldn't care what I spend
LilMissMama13
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Ask. He makes the money.. so, yeahh. I ask.
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Anything under $100 we don't mind or if we have been saving our spending money then we can. But if we know we need that money that we have for spending money. We will put that in the bank for whatever it is needed for.

I like to ask him, just like him out or respect for each other. We know what the other person will say if we have the money.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't work, but I don't ask. I don't buy anything unnecessarily, and he knows that. If it's over maybe $100, I'll talk with him about it first.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM

What are you talking about? Buy what? I never ask to buy anything, but then again we have separate finances. I don't have to. I suppose that if I wanted to buy a new car or something that large that I would at least talk to him about it first to let him know what I'm doing. I threw down $6000 of my own money for vacation over spring break, and just told him where we were going and when to take off work if he wanted to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN