Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you ever wonder...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 29 Replies

Do you ever wonder what the other side of the story is when reading posts here?   As the saying goes, no matter how flat you make a pancake it still has 2 sides.   Some things are pretty cut and dry.  On the other hand, many things are not and all we have to go on is the female side of the story.  Her emotions, her feelings, her version of what HE did wrong. 

Do you wonder about/consider the other side before giving advice?  Or do you tend take what is said here as the only side of things that matters?   Thanks for sharing.

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

More often than not I consider the other side.  It can be hard to give good advice without knowing what happened before the conflict or the months leading up to where a couple is now.   I like to ask questions and try to get more details when I can.   It's pretty rare for me to ever advise someone to leave to do something drastic because I usually don't feel like there is enough information to jump to that. 

hollyah73
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I always wonder about the other side if the story. I believe there are 3 sides to every story her side, his side, and what really happened. Sometimes I think we just get stuck in what our perspective is and can't see beyond it.
redmummyof3
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

yup there are three side to a post her side his side and the truth

i tend to go to posts that are the following

political

advice ie whats this weird rashy thing on my baby toe ' how do ?

posts that are quiz like 'would you rather eat gum off the sidwalk or mouldy bread

if the post is really far fetched or one side bashes another over health issuses ect then i state my opinion i don't have the desire or time to argue with a person over the internet..

i think before i post and try to read op title carefully but there have been times when the info about the post is not clear from the start.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the story.  I'm a typically objective person and consider both sides of the story but as you have mentioned some things are pretty cut and dry.

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I often wonder how the SO puts up with a lot of these women. The materialism, the pettiness, the hateful attitudes, the distrust ... the list goes on. I wonder how they (the women) are even in (still in) relationships. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Many many times I wonder what the other side is. Having read sooo many relationship books after my divorce I have learned that men interpret things very differently thhan we do... and have very different needs
newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I try to consider the other side most times
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I usually always try to consider the other side of the story.

mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. The only person who I ever discuss my marriage besides my dh is with my bestie, and she always ask what his side is. Lol, she is the only person I trust to be objective and not afraid to tell me when I am wrong.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Almost every time I read something. That is why I tend to take the opposing view point with a lot of people's posts. I think a lot of men get a bad rap here, and the world is full of delusional chicks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN