Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

WWYD if your husband/SO got a vasectomy behind your back?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 94 Replies

My sister's been at my house for two days now, pissed off because her husband got a vasectomy without her knowledge. They've been married 5yrs and have 3 kids together already and she's pregnant with their 4th so I don't think his decision to get fixed is really such a bad idea, but obviously he should've talked to her about it first. What would you do if your guy did had a vasectomy without discussing it with you beforehand?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We have already had that discussion and both agree that our bodies are our own and we do not stop the other from doing what they want. However, if he did it without telling me first I would be crushed and I am not sure how I would handle it. Counceling for sure since there is an obvious issue with communication. 

Kageegirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh got a vasectomy behind my back. Superbowl sunday 2011 dh and I found out we were expecting #4 just 5 months after the birth of our 3rd son. On march 28th 2011 I misscarried. On April 1st I came home to find dh laid up on the couch icing his crotch. I asked what was up. He said he had one of his friends drive him to his vasectomy. He said he didn't tell me cause he knew I'd be upset. Said he knew he was making the right choice.

I was pissed. We didn't speak for 3 days. I eventually excepted it.
tnt-manda
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I have tried to convince mine to haave it done so I wouldn't totally be pissed, I would be more upset I didn't get to know just in case something went wrong and I could have been there for moral support
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM
5 moms liked this

He should have told her. He royally messed up there. However, your sister should go home and talk with him though. I would never leave the house for days over something like this. Would I be pissed, probably. But, Sit down, get to the issue, and move on instead of dragging this out for days and inconveniencing extended family. Are the three kids at the house with you as well?

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I'd talk to him about it but I wouldn't be upset.  If he didn't want any more kids it's his perogative.  I didn't really discuss having my tubes tied with DH.  I just asked if he wanted anymore children within two years of having DD and he said no so I announced that I was getting fixed and did it.  He's totally okay with that but he does get baby fever from time to time.  I do too but it passes quickly. lol

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
5 moms liked this

dancing

Party time!!! 

withsecond
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM

It's his body and he can do what he wants, as can I but it would be nice to at least discuss it first. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know.  I told my husband WHILE I was at the hospital AFTER my daughter's birth, that if he wanted any more children he'd have birth them himself, 'cause I was done.  

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I would be upset at him. But we have already talked about this and he wants to but I'm not ready to say I'm done. So he will wait till I say it's time.

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh and tell your sister, they get to enjoy the most worry free sex ever!! No BC to take that makes you gain weight or causes mood swings, no Period to worry about if it will or will not come, just straight up love making whenever, wherever, whatever! It's been a huge boost to our sex life! My husband did it five years ago! A wonderful decision on his part! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)