Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

gift for a man?!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 29 Replies
Okay, my husband and I have an anniversary coming up. We've been married for almost four months and on May 5th of this year will be our two year anniversary! What do I get him? He's complicated to buy for or try to surprise! Any ideas?
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. Once DH and I got married, we stopped celebrating other anniversaries and just focused on our wedding one.

I guess one of the best gifts though is something personal. Don't get him something "cool" or that he'll use, get him something sentimental. Maybe you can frame some mementos from your first date or something.

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Not sure. After we got married, we started celebrating wedding anniversaries.

Tigress22
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I'm always the goofy gift giver. I find him something silly or make him something silly.
What are his interests?
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Sorry.....1] celebrating a four month anniversary? A non wedding anniversary? Sounds a bit junior high..... but 2] if that's your thing.... you know him better than we do. What are we supposed to come up with for you? Buy him a card and some flowers.
Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I really don't know. Our anniversary is in May too, we are engaged currently. It will be our first year anniversary. I am not sure what im gonna get him.

Jennybenny01
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Something from the heart. A nice home cooked meal, some alcohol if that's your thing and you wrapped for dessert?? I don't think you have to do anything extravagant to make it meaningful and special. The more simple and thoughtful the better I think.

cj13-121413
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM
No not our four month thing! We celebrate the start of our relationship! Our marriage date was five days before our son was born so this year we wont be able to do anything special because of planning his first party so I want to have it early on the day we started dating!

Quoting Fayanne: Sorry.....1] celebrating a four month anniversary? A non wedding anniversary? Sounds a bit junior high..... but 2] if that's your thing.... you know him better than we do. What are we supposed to come up with for you? Buy him a card and some flowers.
kiwiskiwi29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I don't know because  we never celebrated little anniversaries like that. We only ever celebrate our wedding one. We are usually simple about it too. A nice card, perhaps a small gift and a nice dinner together is all we really do.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

No idea something he wants or needs! Good luck and let us know!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Make it something in can use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN