Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

A woman in my house

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM
  • 104 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night while out on a date my brother in law stopped by my house UN announced.  when we opened the door he asked my Dh to step out side so he could talk to him briefly. My dh stays out side for a few minutes then invited everyone in our house. I have never met this woman my dh along with his brother carried on full conversations and no one took the time out to introduce me to her. After they left i told my dh that it was disrespectful for him to allow another female in our house that he knew and fail to acknowledge me. He says that it was not his place because she was his brothers date. I told him the minute he invited her into our house it was his job to make sure the formalities had taken place is not like he didnt know her he held a full  conversation for Gods sake..

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM
5 moms liked this

Sounds like both your husband and his brother lack manners.  How uncomfortable that woman must have been not to mention you. 

b1the1change
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I agree completely. anytime my DF doesn't introduce me to someone I feel bothered

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM
22 moms liked this

And you couldnt stick out your hand and say Hi my name is........ And get the convo started ?

Come see us The TWiP Family !!!! 

bx4life
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:05 PM

They sure do but my husband lives there she should have made sure it was done but he seems to think it was not his job and that if im upset I should blame his brother 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Sounds like both your husband and his brother lack manners.  How unconfortable that woman must have been not to mention you. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM
3 moms liked this

They both failed.  And if they didn't perform that simple act of introduction, then no they don't have very good manners.  Miss Manners would make them write a letter of apology and then go stand in the corner.

Quoting bx4life:

They sure do but my husband lives there she should have made sure it was done but he seems to think it was not his job and that if im upset I should blame his brother 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Sounds like both your husband and his brother lack manners.  How unconfortable that woman must have been not to mention you. 

bx4life
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Sure did but thats after I noticed that none of  them would. Still it was not my place to do so. My hubby gets upset if I carry on a coversation with any man he doesnt know.

Quoting Aamy:

And you couldnt stick out your hand and say Hi my name is........ And get the convo started ?

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting bx4life:

Sure did but thats after I noticed that none of  them would. Still it was not my place to do so. My hubby gets upset if I carry on a coversation with any man he doesnt know.

Quoting Aamy:

Wow...... glad my DH isnt that way. 

Come see us The TWiP Family !!!! 

Lindsey1126
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Yes that was very rude of your dh and bil.
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You are incapable of introducing yourself?
momoftwogirl55
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I agree. But also, why didn't you just introduce yourself after they failed not to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)