Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he hog the covers and/or bed?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 52 Replies

DH was talking to friends this weekend about how I'm always hogging the bed. I kept my cool until they all left then I sat him down and told him he shouldn't say that about me because, 1, it's not funny, and 2, it's not true. He said it is, too, true, that I hog the bed every night. It's not possible, I tell him, because ever since very early in our marriage when he teased me about hogging the bed in a mean way that hurt my feelings, I started sleeping on the very edge of the mattress.

I sleep on my left side, facing the edge, so close to the edge that if I leaned forward even a bit, I'd fall off the bed. If I switch to my back, I stay so close that my hip is hanging off the bed. If I switch to my right side, again, I'm so close to the edge that I'd fall off if I leaned. HE, however, moves to the middle of the mattress to spread his legs wide or he'll roll against me to snuggle so I couldn't get to the middle of the bed if I wanted. Not only that, but he always says I steal the covers, but I always wake up in the middle of the night cold because he's rolled himself up in the blankets like a burrito. It's why I keep a throw on the foot of the bed, so I can pull that up to cover up with in the middle of the night.

Anyway, it bugs me because he always says I'm the one when he's the one who's hogging everything, and he seems to think it's funny, or maybe he just likes riling me up? lol

Does YOUR SO hog the covers and/or the bed?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgbm13
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Lol most times I am center of king bed and he is on the other 1/3 of the bed to one side.  But he does go angled some nights.  On the full size bed at home he is all over me even when I am on my half.

LuvMyBoys09
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM
No, we have a king size bed which gives us both enough room to stretch out.
If I hog anything, it's the blankets and I have done that numerous times.
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM

no. we have a huge king size bed. even if we both spread out completely, we still have tons of room. and as far as blankets go, we use our own blankets. we don't share. I keep really hot when I sleep and if we share blankets and I get super overheated.

hollyah73
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM
He hogs our king size bed and I end up squished between him and the cats. I steal the blankets usually. He has a bad habit of throwing all his blankets on me when he is going to sleep and then in the middle of the night trying to take them back and taking them all so now I usually wrap a little bit of blanket under me!
Texasladybug84
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
No I hog the bed and everyone warned him I'm a crank butt at night time before we got engaged. He's accepted it though lol.
I think guys have this way to shut off their brain at times....
Texasladybug84
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Didn't know there was differ king size beds?

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

no. we have a huge king size bed. even if we both spread out completely, we still have tons of room. and as far as blankets go, we use our own blankets. we don't share. I keep really hot when I sleep and if we share blankets and I get super overheated.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM
I can only think of once he hogged the blankets. I just sleep in one tiny sliver of the bed, he likes to poke fun of that
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

No, I hog the covers and know it.

Aprils74
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM
There's no chance of that at my house! We sleep right up against each other so we share ;-)
StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I do, I'm awful to sleep with, DH wakes up with bruises from me and I give them to myself as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)