Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Annoyed

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

How can my ex and I reconcile when our time together is so limited....We said we were not going to rush things, but how can we make things right if we are not together under the same roof??

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mariere
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Have you expressed to your ex that you want to spend more time together? Sounds like a sarcastic question, but I'm being serious. Maybe they think that you don't want to spend as much time together because you both agreed to take it slow. Maybe they feel the same way.
help1027
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I have expresed this to him and he tells me i thought were not not going to rush things.  He is not wrong, but I am tired and lonely and just want to start working on our lives together yesterday.  Sorry I know that I sound like a spoiled brat, but just tired of sleeping alone, eating alone etc etc. 

Quoting mariere: Have you expressed to your ex that you want to spend more time together? Sounds like a sarcastic question, but I'm being serious. Maybe they think that you don't want to spend as much time together because you both agreed to take it slow. Maybe they feel the same way.

sharonmartz
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:20 PM

An ex is an ex for a reason.  Run away fast!!!  Don't go back.  

mariere
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
I know exactly how you feel because I am a single-parent. Have you both agreed to only see and date each other? You could tell him you know what you said, but that you would like to spend a little more time with him. What are his feelings about the situation?

Quoting help1027:

I have expresed this to him and he tells me i thought were not not going to rush things.  He is not wrong, but I am tired and lonely and just want to start working on our lives together yesterday.  Sorry I know that I sound like a spoiled brat, but just tired of sleeping alone, eating alone etc etc. 

Quoting mariere: Have you expressed to your ex that you want to spend more time together? Sounds like a sarcastic question, but I'm being serious. Maybe they think that you don't want to spend as much time together because you both agreed to take it slow. Maybe they feel the same way.

help1027
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM

No one is dating anyone else..I have told him how I feel, but in someways have shot myself in the foot.  Money is tight so there is not always etrxa to go out.  We can't come to my home since I moved back home with my Mom and she hates him.  He stayed in our place and I feel every uncomfortable going there.  It feels funny not seeing my things there, but ultimately I want to go back there....I know I sound crazy LOL!!!  Just hurts that it is now "His Place" and not "our home" anymore.  And he doesn't get, tells me that it's just four walls....

Quoting mariere: I know exactly how you feel because I am a single-parent. Have you both agreed to only see and date each other? You could tell him you know what you said, but that you would like to spend a little more time with him. What are his feelings about the situation?
Quoting help1027:

help1027
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Easier said then done.  This man is not only under my skin, but in my blood....

Quoting sharonmartz:

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM

How long have you been apart? 

Why did you take your break?

Were you married or just dating? 

sharonmartz
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
A relative?

Quoting help1027:

Easier said then done.  This man is not only under my skin, but in my blood....

Quoting sharonmartz:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Couples start out not under the same roof in the beginning.    Maybe you need to date each other again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)