Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

It's spring break...(OT)

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Why on earth do my kids think this week is intended for waking up at o'dark thirty! I spend Monday to Friday wrestling them out of bed at 6:30am, but spring break, means 5 am wake ups?!!! Anyone else have early risers on sleep in days? Ugh, well off to the library, now that it's open, hope everyone is having a good week also! It's a bit rainy today, so no outdoor activities.

reading

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ja2010
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has gotten up early but he isn't in school I don't know if that counts.

furbabymum
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My stupid kids do this every weekend. During the week mornings are hell but on the weekends they're up bright and fucking early little fuckers!

Whoo, so not a morning person here. Can you tell?

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Aww, that sucks.   I'm not a morning person at all so if it's a no school day and I have to be up before 8am it's not going to be a good day for anybody.  Have fun at the library!  Spring break was cancelled for DD's school....not that it was much of one anyways. :( 

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what is up with kids and days off! I even let them stay up late these last two nights in hopes of getting some sleep in time....back to the drawing board!!! Coffee is my friend today. So not a morning person either!

Quoting furbabymum:

My stupid kids do this every weekend. During the week mornings are hell but on the weekends they're up bright and fucking early little fuckers!

Whoo, so not a morning person here. Can you tell?

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM

A cancelled spring break?! That stinks! Ours were supposed to get this week and Monday the 21st, but they have to go to school Monday to make up a snow day. I can't imagine not getting a spring break. Poor kiddos, then again, I would be getting more sleep if they were in school this week! Lol

Quoting BonitaM:

Aww, that sucks.   I'm not a morning person at all so if it's a no school day and I have to be up before 8am it's not going to be a good day for anybody.  Have fun at the library!  Spring break was cancelled for DD's school....not that it was much of one anyways. :( 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM

They were only getting Thursday and Monday off for Easter and they called it "spring break". :(  But because of snow days they now have school on Thursday and Monday.  It really sucks.  I'm sending DD to my parents and sleeping the weekend away.  I'm getting teeth pulled on Good Friday so it's going to be an interesting weekend. lol

Quoting UCFknight:

A cancelled spring break?! That stinks! Ours were supposed to get this week and Monday the 21st, but they have to go to school Monday to make up a snow day. I can't imagine not getting a spring break. Poor kiddos, then again, I would be getting more sleep if they were in school this week! Lol

Quoting BonitaM:

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Oh my!! Well I hope it's an easy procedure, and they prescribe you some good painkillers for after! Not a fun Easter weekend for you, but hopefully you get to sleep and rest some with the kids away.

Quoting BonitaM:

They were only getting Thursday and Monday off for Easter and they called it "spring break". :(  But because of snow days they now have school on Thursday and Monday.  It really sucks.  I'm sending DD to my parents and sleeping the weekend away.  I'm getting teeth pulled on Good Friday so it's going to be an interesting weekend. lol

Quoting UCFknight:

Quoting BonitaM:

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I'm counting on some good meds and lots of sleep. :)

Quoting UCFknight:

Oh my!! Well I hope it's an easy procedure, and they prescribe you some good painkillers for after! Not a fun Easter weekend for you, but hopefully you get to sleep and rest some with the kids away.

Quoting BonitaM:

Quoting UCFknight:

Quoting BonitaM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN