Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you SAHM or work for pay? And is your SO supportive of that?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  • 113 Replies

I don't say "working mom" because I think all moms work, lol, just some get a paycheck and others don't. ;)

But do you stay at home, work from home, or work outside the home? Is your SO supportive of that, or does he wish you'd do the opposite of what you're doing?

Right now, I work, but my SO has made it clear he'd love for me to quit and stay home after we wed. On the one hand, I like the idea of not having to do the 8-5 thing anymore, but on the other, I like my job. He hasn't put any pressure on me to quit, but has said more than once he'd just love for me to be home more, and it would save on gas, food, clothes, and daycare.

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I do not work I have a full time job taking care of my daughter and the house and working outside also and in the garage, so I am too busy for a job!

SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I work outside the home. My hubby is totally supportive of that. My son is 10 years old so I have no desire to stay home

RitaTequila531
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
We planned our family dynamic before we had children. We both agreed to financially contribute to the household we created.
Yes, he can support us all by himself but I need to have his back financially.

My daughter was never in daycare, ever. It was/is a triangle of care: me, my now husband and my mom (she asked could she help raise her when i was just 5 months pregnant)
That changed as she got older ofcourse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoys09
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Once we had our daughter, he and I had a discussion and agreed that it would be best for me to stay home.
He makes enough to support us and I'd rather be the one who cares for my children.
MaineMammax2
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I stay home during the week and work on weekends when my husband is home with our girls. It works very well for us.
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I SAH and it was a mutual decision. We both agreed it's what is best for our situation and are both happy with our choice
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I am SAHM and DH loves it!
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I work full time.  Yes, my husband is supportive. 

I was a SAHM at one time and hated it.  I loved being with my kids, but being around materialistic SAHMs and One-up-each-other SAHMs drove me batty.  My youngest attends daycare for a little bit when he's not in school and he loves it.  He's made alot of great friends there. 

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I stay at home but I really want to work while the kids are in school. I get really depressed here :(. It's VERY new to me.
Mantidae
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I work outside the home and am the primary breadwinner for our family (though it looks like DH may surpass me in that in the next year or two).  DH is totally supportive of my work and my role, and I would not have married him if he had not been.

There are days I wish I could work from home or work fewer hours in order to spend more time with my kids and less money on preschool (DS is advanced, so we've chosen to put him in a special private preschool program to nurture that which is quite expensive), but I could never give up working completely.  I like to feel that I am having an impact in my community.

I am looking forward to some changes for us in the next couple years, though.  DH is finishing up a new degree that is already getting him incredible job offers, and I am pursuing a new career possibility that would - theoretically - give me more flexibility while still having a great impact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN