Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you thank your husband for doing housework?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 124 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you thank your husband for doing housework (dishes, laundry, taking out trash, etc)?

Options:

Yes

No

I usually just correct whatever he did wrong

Other (comment)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 184

View Results

Alright ladies, help settle a discussion for me. When my husband helps out around the house (which he does a LOT - we both work, and chores and kid duties are shared), I say "thank you." I understand it's something he should do anyway, but it's nice to know you're appreciated. He does the same for me.

He says that that's just something you say - it doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of showing appreciation. I say that it may not be as common as he thinks it is, as I don't know a whole lot of spouses who do say that to each other for fulfilling responsibilities.

So do you?

"Though she be but little, she is fierce."

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

i always do my best to compliment and praise my h.  I praise him for everything he does and it makes for a more happy relationship.  He of course praises me and thanks me for stuff like emptying the dishwasher and cooking dinner, same stuff i praise him for.  I appreciate him all the time and tell him how thankful i am that he takes good care of us! 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't expect DH to do things around the house because I'm a SAHM but when he does I say thank you.  On most occassions he thanks me for dinner and says that it's good or not so good. lol  He rarely doesn't do this. 

RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I will thank him. He also lets me know he appreciates all I do around the house.

deadlights86
by Emily on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this

I would if he actually did anything. He used to take the garbage can to the curb and he doesn't even do that anymore.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we both thank each other for the things we do. Even down to thanking whoever cooked dinner as we sit down to eat. My son is too young to catch on right now, but showing appreciation is a habit I want him to get into.

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I say thank you. Yeah ... taking out the trash in the snow or mowing the yard are responsibilities but that doesn't mean they're fun. I'm a stay at home mom so most domestic chores are mine. But he still says thank you for his yummy dinners and clean laundry etc. Occasionally. Not always because they are expected and required. But its just a small thing to let the other know its appreciated too.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM
No, nor do I expect one in return. It's housework, it needs done, someone has to do it. It just is what it is.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Sometimes I do. Sometimes I dont.
RitaTequila531
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM
No, we do what needs to be done. It's his house too so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Amy on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM

We always thank each other for doing the housework.  I think it's important to at the very least say thank you.  Some people don't even get that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)