Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever....

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 23 Replies

...or are you dating a firefighter or cop?

I think it takes a special person to be either one...

What is it about your SO, of either profession, that you admire the most....

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was a Police Officer when we met and married.He's a Police Sgt. now.I admire the dedication it takes.

ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM

The constant chaos...seeing people during some of the worst moments in their lives....seeing some on repeat and unable to learn from their mistakes....seeing lives flipped upside down and destroyed....not occasionally but daily....

I can see it being emotionally and mentally draining...heartbreaking at times......I don't see how they can handle it.

They definitely have my utmost respect.

Quoting MrsApple:

My husband was a Police Officer when we met and married.He's a Police Sgt. now.I admire the dedication it takes.

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

There are definitely moments that really gets to him.Especially anything involving children.Add that on top of shifts that go on long after they were suppose to end...yeah,it can be rough!

Quoting ChangingLanes:

The constant chaos...seeing people during some of the worst moments in their lives....seeing some on repeat and unable to learn from their mistakes....seeing lives flipped upside down and destroyed....not occasionally but daily....

I can see it being emotionally and mentally draining...heartbreaking at times......I don't see how they can handle it.

Quoting MrsApple:

ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Anything with kids, I could not deal. I would stay depressed. But then those moments when they are a hero to someone....I guess that would make up for it all....

Quoting MrsApple:

There are definitely moments that really gets to him.Especially anything involving children.Add that on top of shifts that go on long after they were suppose to end...yeah,it can be rough!

Quoting ChangingLanes:

Quoting MrsApple:

4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM
I have never. And I won't ever date a COP! Unless my SO becomes a firefighter I won't be dating one of them either.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No but I am thinking of becoming one next year.

Marinemom03
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex is/ was a firefighter..it just gave me a sense of pride, knowing what he put himself thru everyday
But wow stressful
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Ex dh was a volunteer firefighter, current SO was an EMT. Lots of traumatic experiences.
vdpfing1231
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My sexy man. :) hes been in 6 years this may. ♥♥♥
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Nope sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)