Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

advice please!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM
  • 14 Replies
My df and I got engaged October 2nd 2013! We finally picked a date of July 25th 2015! I am sooo excited to finally start planning!

Now, my thing is, I want grey and peach as my colors and I don't know if I should do grey chair covers with peach bows or vice versa? Also both my sisters are married can I have two matrons of honor? And what are some good favors I could do?

We were not set on a huge wedding yet somehow it turned into that lol! So we allowed ourselves time to do so. My sisters are the only ones in my wedding and my df is only having his dad and brother. It is the reception I am really starting to think about now.

Soooo if any of you lovely happily married ladies have any advice on best route to take with decorations and places to order our stuff from I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :-)
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melly_v88
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:48 AM
I love gray and any color! I think gray chairs with peach bows is more formal, and I think it would be really pretty. Plus that way you can add more peach in elsewhere, like centerpieces, and it wouldn't be so over bearing.

There is no limit to matrons or maids of honor ;)

My favorite things at weddings are bubbles for the first dance, disposable cameras at tables for the guests to take pictures, and making a guest "painting" instead of a book.

My BFF had a blank tree drawn out with empty limbs, guests chose from 5 different ink pad colors, used their thumbprints as leaves on the tree and signed their name on the leaf or around it, I thought it was gorgeous :)

Good luck with your wedding! Just do what makes you happy, you have to live with the memories!
melly_v88
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

ballerina18
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I like grey with peach ribbons =)

jackieb2811
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Omg! I loveeeeeeeeee this!!! What a great idea! I have two very creative and talented sisters and soon to be mil. We just started thinking so we shall see where it takes us :-) thank you for the idea!

Quoting melly_v88:

Mobile Photo

jackieb2811
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Thank you! I thought that would be a better route too!
Everyone else said yellow but I was not into yellow and grey lol

Quoting ballerina18:

I like grey with peach ribbons =)

Marinemom03
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the Gray and peach idea
I think Gray chairs.and there are never limits on people in the wedding.it's whatever u decide.it's your day..Congratulations
jackieb2811
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Yay! My post has been featured! :-) Thanks!!!!
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM

First - it's your wedding, so you get to do whatever you want! Everyone else's opinions be damned! :)

Second - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Third - for what it's worth, I think peach would be better as the accent color...meaning gray covers and peach bows. It's my personal opinion, you're welcome to disagree. All that matters is that you're happy with what you choose.

Finally - my DH and I had a decent sized wedding (120 people total, including DH and myself) and we planned on a budget. Some great ways to save money, if that's what you're looking to do, is to do most of the stuff yourself. We went with making a playlist on our ipod (and rented a lot of party cd's from the library to get the music) and paid a friend $50 to man it for us, rather than getting a band or DJ. I made the bouquets myself using silk flowers (which I personally recommend. My exact bouquet that I walked down the aisle with is proudly displayed in our home, 7 years later). We made our invitations, programs, etc. ourselves with DIY materials from Michael's...

jackieb2811
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Thanks so much! Yes, saving money is always good lol! My sisters love Michaels and I love Pat Catans. Both are super affordable Pat Catans has a lot for crafts and things and is a little cheaper.

I plan on making pretty much the same stuff as you! As for music I like a variety, df likes rock n roll and rap so we will have to figure that out if we pick our music :-)

I appreciate your reply I will take any and all advice into consideration at this point. Lol I think I like the grey covers/peach bows too!

Quoting MomToovey:

First - it's your wedding, so you get to do whatever you want! Everyone else's opinions be damned! :)

Second - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Third - for what it's worth, I think peach would be better as the accent color...meaning gray covers and peach bows. It's my personal opinion, you're welcome to disagree. All that matters is that you're happy with what you choose.

Finally - my DH and I had a decent sized wedding (120 people total, including DH and myself) and we planned on a budget. Some great ways to save money, if that's what you're looking to do, is to do most of the stuff yourself. We went with making a playlist on our ipod (and rented a lot of party cd's from the library to get the music) and paid a friend $50 to man it for us, rather than getting a band or DJ. I made the bouquets myself using silk flowers (which I personally recommend. My exact bouquet that I walked down the aisle with is proudly displayed in our home, 7 years later). We made our invitations, programs, etc. ourselves with DIY materials from Michael's...

Shelley83
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
The best advice i can give is to relax and enjoy! Dont stress yourself over making everything perfect. If something goes wrong dont stress.....afterall the objective of the day is to be married right? My husband and I forgot the rings in the bottom of a duffel bag. It's one of the things we still laugh and smile about to this day and my friend captured every moment from his best man asking if he had them to my SIL running back to me trying to find them. She made us a small album of our not so perfect day :-) It's been 15 years and we still look at it and laugh! Congratulations and have fun planning your special day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)