Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your SO do this, too?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM
  • 70 Replies

Over the years, I've tried not to let it bother me but this year it's started early and it's bugging me. See, DH has this habit of saying we don't have any "extra" money when my birthday rolls around or when Mother's Day comes , but by the time Father's Day gets here or when his birthday comes, we suddenly have TONS of money for him to blow on a TV or whatever it is he wants.

Does your SO act like it's a hardship to buy things for you, but that money's no object when it comes to buying things for himself?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Well no because I'd have stuck my foot up his ass real damn quick. :)

We budget every single month. On months with holidays or birthdays we budget money for that. So for mothers day my DH will get me nothing but I'm going to be spending money going out with my mother and sister for a spa day. That's how I'm using my allocated funds and I'm happy about it.

I'm happy my DH isn't a selfish asshole that's for sure!

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
No my husband is so cheap he won't even buy anything for himself, even when necessary. He very rarely treats himself. He just hates spending money.
oliveoil423
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM

my husb and would never do that to me. i dont care if its a small gift or nothing at all. cause i all care about is that he came into my life and my daughter and be there for us everystep of the way. we might go see a movie on our birthday even though we share it. last year my husband got me a new 47 cd and the flowers that i like from walmart that the sunflowers are different colors. and when his birthday comes ill ask him what he wants to do we would go to dinner and the we go see a movie that he wants to see.

ask him where all the money is coming from when it comes around his birthday.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM
No, I can't say that is the case for us. I'm the cheap on when it comes to spending. Even though I make a quarter of what he does I do all the finances, budgets and buying. We don't do much for any holiday for ourselves. We'd rather go without to give to our girls.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM

No. We're both at the point where we don't even know what we want for our birthdays, or it's just easier to get it ourselves. My thing is that I like to be taken out to dinner. His thing is that he just wants to stay home and relax (his job takes him from home frequently).

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM

No,  but my DH has the horrible habit of just before a holiday he buys himself the exact thing or things I've purchased for him for holidays or Birthdays. For 17 years I've told him in the months before a gift giving holiday... "DON'T BUY YOURSELF ANYTHING" and sure enough, he always does. Drives me nuts because he ruins every great gift idea I have.

areid1023
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. If anything it's the opposite.
ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Nope, we pay the bills first then he usually suprises me with something. lol

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM
No, he doesn't act like that.
b1the1change
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM
My df loves spending money on me. He gets mad when I put it off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)