Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If your kids have extracurriculars, do you and your SO share duties...?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 25 Replies

My 14yo and 18yo both have a lot of extracurricular things they're involved in - sports, clubs, etc. - and while the 18yo is living on her own and drives herself around, my 14yo still needs to be driven places. Anyway, even though my husband is technically available more often than I am to do so, I'm the one who ends up taking her to and from wherever... EVERY time. Does your SO make you drive the kids around all the time, too, or does he share the role and do some of the driving sometimes?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SKM1119
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I am available during the time of day our daughter has activities. She is only 5 so she only does dance and soccer. He is at every game but I am responsible for all practices. He owns his own business and it's not always possible to get away.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Considering I work nights, he would have to share duties.
aehutmacher
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM

If I need/ want dh to help with something, I'll ask him and he'll do it. Seriously, most of the time, all you have to do.is ask. Have you?

dockyswifey
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM
We go to practices together. This football season he will be coaching our son's team and I will be coaching their little cheerleaders.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Share.
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Our kids aren't into anything yet, but I am hoping to get them involved next school year. My husband works from 5:30am to 6:30pm, so I know it will have to be me getting them to and from places.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Unless I really can't take her I drive DD to her after school activities and pick her up as well.  DH doesn't like doing those kinds of things but will if I need him to.  Fortunately she doesn't have many.

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:10 PM
I take care of our dd almost 100 % of the time. He has a d's 14 that we both take places. My ss lives with us full time. I've never quite understood why he stands back and watches me do everything with her, along with pay the bills, do everyone's laundry,clean our big house alone and I also work full time. It's frustrating but I guess I've gotten used to it. Sometimes he works nights then won't even stay home long enough to see dd who is 7 off the school bus. I have to rush home so he can go to the gym or run errands.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM

No but hubby used to share and help with our daughter being disabled and all he is a huge help still to me or us!

lucky3x
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Of course! I run around so much with them as it is...if he is home, he definitely helps out. We have 3 kids and there is no other way to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)