Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Your job compared to your partners?! Who's is better

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
  • 58 Replies
My fiancé believes that my job is not work because I sit in a office all day and do billing and paperwork and he works in a factory on 2nd shift. I make $13.50 an hour and he makes $20 I understand he does work harder because he is on his feet all night puttin together planter parts.
Sometimes when he says my job isn't work it just irritates me because I'm still bringing home money an contributing to our family. Anyone else have this issue with their partners?
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SKM1119
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM
No. I work hard as a nurse. He definitely works harder as a fireman and owning his own business.
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this

i think all people work...regardless if it is being a stay at home mom, in an office, on the battlefield or whatever...yes some jobs are more strenous/difficult/deadly then others but honestly why compare......comparing anything does nothing but make one person feel inferior to another while allowing the other to feel good about themselves at the expense of someone else....never a good idea. 

Comparrisons belong on pie charts and graphs and data collection not in relationships in any form or fashion.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM
No. We joke about it, but our jobs are equally taxing in different ways. He just makes five times what I do
RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I ♥ this!

I am a SAHM, Hubby is an appliance repair tech. We each have our insane "hard" days, and we each have relaxed, easy days. We value each other and the hard work we both put into our family (both in different ways).

Don't compare your jobs, or anything else in your relationship.

Quoting Anryan:

i think all people work...regardless if it is being a stay at home mom, in an office, on the battlefield or whatever...yes some jobs are more strenous/difficult/deadly then others but honestly why compare......comparing anything does nothing but make one person feel inferior to another while allowing the other to feel good about themselves at the expense of someone else....never a good idea. 

Comparrisons belong on pie charts and graphs and data collection not in relationships in any form or fashion.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

No we don't have this issue however we do tease each other in fun sometimes.  I say riding around in a fourwheeler all day isn't work and he says being a sahm isn't work. lol  We both know that they are both work and we are greatful for what each of us contributes. 

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I believe my job is more taxing on the body. I'm a waitress so I'm on my feet all day. He works at a desk on a computer. I also deal with ppl, many of which are assholes, so that stresses me out lol. He makes more and enjoys his job more, he is a straight up nerd, doing nerd stuff all day and going to school for nerd stuff. He enjoys his stuff and gets paid well. I don't get paid well but it helps pay off this house.
MrsHayward1
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I dont have issues but I also work as a Accounting and it is just as much work, he is a taxi driver but works 12 hours a night but I feel its equal we both are bring in money.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:35 AM
No, we don't have this issue. We both work hard, whether I am at work or at home. He just makes more.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:38 AM

No. It's all work....just different kinds of work. I work in media finance and DH is in federal law enforcement. I have to admit that my job seems like a piece of cake to him, but it's all persepective. He DOES work more than I do though.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

My husband and I never compared our work in terms of labor. When I worked I made considerably more than him at the time (it would be about equal if I were still working today), but he probably would have said my job was better because I got paid more to do less physical work. I couldn't imagine my husband demeaning anything I chose to do, and I would never demean the work he does, even when it wasn't paying all that much. Sorry your hubby can't just agree that you both work hard, and be supportive. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)