Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

8 Insane Wedding Invitations You Have to See to Believe - Would you do something like this?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

8 Insane Wedding Invitations You Have to See to Believe (PHOTOS)

by Emily Abbate Saturday at 12:23 PM

Wedding engagement ringsYour wedding will probably be the biggest day of your life (aside from the whole "having a child" thing). Chances are, you've been dreaming about it for a very long time. From the flowers surrounding the altar to the save-the-dates, no detail will go overlooked once you're planning your own. When it comes to "creativity," though, couples now more than ever have been taking things a bit too far.

You know what I'm talking about, right? The CRAZY, elaborate wedding invitations. The filmed save-the-dates. Nothing is too over-the-top. Nothing is off-limits.

Take David DiCicco and Rachael Batts, for example, who recreated iconic movie posters like those from Lord of the Rings and Casablanca to announce their nuptials. But they're not the only outrageous wedding planners. We found a whole bunch of them!

There are two ways to look at this trend. One, creating something fun and totally different is a playful thing to do. Heck, these not-your-average invites, save-the-dates, and RSVP cards are things that couples will treasure and laugh at for for years and years to come. But in this digital age we live in, people everywhere are jumping on this wacky bandwagon just so details about their wedding will go viral. They want their 15 minutes. What better time than now to get it?

Ultimately, it's their wedding. But hopefully they won't forget that once the big day rolls around, people are coming together to celebrate the bride and groom -- not their lavish wedding details.

Image via Reddit

Reddit

'Casablanca'

David and Rachael kicking things off for us. Not for nothing, but David totally looks like Humphrey Bogart.

Image via Reddit

A Zombie Affair

Screw wanting to look like the most beautiful version of yourself on your wedding day. This bride-to-be preferred to be a total badass (spoiler alert: it worked).

Image via Reddit

An RSVP Card to Remember

If you're not going to Katie and Chris' wedding, you better be prepared to tell them the real reason why.

Image via Reddit

'Lord of the Rings'

It's kind of scary how similar Rachael looks to Elijah Wood.

Channeling Your Inner Animal

Image via ABC

Channeling Your Inner Animal

Remember this save-the-date for Bachelor star Sean Lowe and now wife Catherine Giudici? Two animals riding a bicycle SCREAM "We are elated and can't wait to be married!" Don't you agree?

Image via Reddit

What's Your Entree Choice?

Wedding invitees include only carnivores, clearly.

Image via Reddit

'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'

Rachael's dress is sexier than Angelina's, so there's that.

A Video No One Will Ever Forget

Image via Vimeo

A Video No One Will Ever Forget

A bride and groom who love Jay Z and the movie The Great Gatsby had an idea to make an epic "Boss Wedding" save-the-date movie trailer. That's right -- NO paper required. Is it just me, or does it look like Janice's dog doesn't have eyes?

Would you ever do something like this? Do you think these niche invites are cool or crazy?

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
These are very cute and exciting.
Good way to get guests invite up.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh. I like the Casablanca one, and the one where "Child" was an option for a meal made me genuinely laugh out loud.

The RSVP card where they list reasons why or why not is cute, but I think it's kind of embarrassing for a wedding. If I were unable to attend, I wouldn't like any of my choices given. I'd probably just text the bride or groom (whichever one was my friend) and let them know we wouldn't be coming if I received an RSVP like that. Now, if it had been for just about any other event, then sure...maybe.

I didn't care for the others...and it kind of bugged me that 3 of the examples were from the same couple. Did they really need 3 invitations?

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Not really my style... a couple of them are cool though.

jcm28
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Not to bad
shaye
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
The zombie one i liked amd the mr and Mrs smith we'd def do but we're big gun people sooooo ya lol :-)
LadyBast
by Brenda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM

NOT I like the Mr & Mrs Smith one but that would be us, hubby and I guns and all I love that one :)

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Krysden:

Not really my style... a couple of them are cool though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:15 PM

You bet! If i had an idea like that I'd RUN WITH IT!

m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Lol these are cute and funny. Love it!
soymujer
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I have a friend that did the Mr. and Mrs wedding invite.  I thought it was because his last name was Smith!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN