Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Anyone want to hear a romantic story?

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

In honor of Beltane, which is a pagan holiday celebrating love, fertility and romance, I thought I would share a personal story for you guys.

My husband has always been sure of our relationship.  Like... unreasoningly sure. 

The first time I was made aware of this was our first Valentines Day together.  I was 16, we lived 2000 miles apart and had only spent 8 days in phisical company (we met online discussing books).  He sent me flowers and we talked all night on the phone.  He asked me if I had any doubts about our relationship and I said "Well... yeah, I'm 16, you're 18, we live far apart and we've only spent 8 days together, I would be crazy not to have doubts."  He was deeply hurt by that, and it took a lot of talking to get back on track for us.

A month later he left his parents, grandparents (who had adopted him when he was 12), sister and the state in which he had lived for his entire life to move "out west" and start a life with me.  He came with a duffle bag, a backpack and his XBOX shipped to himself lol.  

Whenever I have a moment of weakness or doubt I just look at him and remember that he has always been absolutely sure about us, if nothing else.  He's a pretty indecisive man, and doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, so I know this is not a show.  He is genuinely rock solid sure of our life together, and that keeps me sure, even when things are rough.

We've been together for 10 1/2 years, married for 7 1/2, we have an almost 6 year old and a 3 year old and we've moved all over the Southwest together.  

Happy Beltane, everyone :)  

by on May. 1, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Happy Beltane!  That is a beautiful story.  I've always been sure of DH too and when things get rough in any aspect of my life I look at him. As long as I have him in my life I know everything else is going to be okay.   

furbabymum
by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Ah that's sweet!

ChangingLanes
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Yea...that would do it for me!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Thanks for sharing.   What a sweet story.

deadlights86
by Emily on May. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Aww that's so sweet!!

Merry meet by the way. How long have you been pagan?
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM

ha!  Merry meet! :)

I've been pagan about 6 years.  I always found the idea fascinating, but never looked much into it until after I had my first child.  That experience was so spiritual for me, and my mind was so open afterward that it came naturally to explore.  I found a home :)

How about you? 

Quoting deadlights86: Aww that's so sweet!! Merry meet by the way. How long have you been pagan?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN