Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you on the same page financially?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 35 Replies

I'm a saver, he's a spender, but we have the common goal of paying off our debts, so he refrains from spending without checking with me first and I in turn make sure he has a chance now and then to blow a little cash on something frivolous to make him happy.

Are you and your SO on the same page financially?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Yep. We're both savers. It takes a lot for us to spend substantial amounts of money.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Not really.  I'm the saver and he's the spender.  We both agree not to spend a large amount of money without the other one being in the loop or even approving of it.  But he will blow money on stupid stuff (little stuff) and it drives me up the wall.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Yes and no. Yes because we are heading towards the same goals together. No because we are getting a monetary surprise and we can't agree on what to spend it on.

jandj4
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM
We both spend. Mainly on stuff we kinda need like clothes or house hold items. Sure we could live without most of it but we have a budget and know what needs to be paid first. We eat out more then we should but we really have nothing to save for so y not enjoy.
UCFknight
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM

We weren't when we first got married. I am the nerd, he is the free spirit (Dave Ramsey terminology). It took us A couple of years, and some fiscal stumblings to find a balance. We have been smooth sailing for about six years now ;)

LadyBast
by Brenda on May. 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Yes we are there have been issues in the past but not now!

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Yes, we're both spenders and have the same financial goals. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Not sure, but we're not married and don't live together. He tends to be a spender, i tend to be a saver. I know he has a lot of debt, but I think he' s paying it off. My debt will go up this year, then it should go down.
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Hhmmmm yes , we are both SPENDERS yikes.
bit materialistic if you can say , so we work like dogs t live the way we like to live , im more stern and make sure we are steady puttting money into our savings and hes ALWAYS making sure bills get paid before anything 

casah4
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Yes, we are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)