Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ladies day vs couples day WWYD?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 26 Replies
So a few days ago I asked my girlfriends to save next Saturday for a ladies movie day, it's a movie none of our husbands want to see so I figured it'd make a cool movie to see together and have lunch afterwards. Well DH just told me he's off and would like to go out next Saturday. We are rarely available at the same time and rarely go on dates, usually only a few times a year. I don't like canceling things and I'm wondering if we could see another movie and bring our guys along, idk. I want to have my cake and eat it too. Would you be upset with a ladies day changing to a couples day? WWYD?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xangel
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would understand the change in your case.
mrs.hartman12
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:38 PM

My relationship with my husband always comes first. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM

My husband is my top priority and  if he only got rare days off to spend with you, if they are REAL friends they will understand if you turn it into either a couples day with them OR if you give them a raincheck and  just spend the day with  him  and have plenty of other days you can spend with  them. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Nope, I wouldn't be upset, we've actually ended up doing this before, and everyone was fine, it ended up being an really great day out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Emily on May. 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Going out as couples is fun. I'm sure they would be cool with it. Just talk to them about it.

anchorgurl
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I wouldn't mind changing or postponing.  I do "girls night out" with friends and we would just rearrange our night out.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I bet your girlfriends will completely understand! Take some time with your husband. The girls will be there for the next round ;) 

Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I think it could be a really good idea to make it a movie everyone can see. I personally wouldn't be upset to cancel with the girls. My husband and I can get really busy with work and not have the time we would like so if we can grab a few extra hours during those times I would choose to spend it with my husband.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM
If I rarely had had date time with my dh and he offered, I'd ask my girls to reschedule
ELKmountain.mom
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I would fully understand of you skipped ladies movie to be with hubby. We can always do another lunch date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)