Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How do you decide who gets "fixed"

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 161 Replies

How do you choose in your relationship on who should have their tubes tied or he should a vasectomy? After this baby I really wanted him to get it done since I have had multiple gyno surgeries and feel since I have Fallopian tube he could do this for our family. We are 16 years apart him being older and he talks about not having enough energy for our 3 kids. He has mentioned twice that it can't be reversed. I'm assuming he said it due to us ever getting a divorce his new woman wouldn't able to if they wanted together. I definitely don't want more after this one is born. So how do you figure it out?

by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM
4 moms liked this

DH volunteered. We figured it was easier for him to undergo his procedure than for me to undergo mine.

booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM
We aren't done, but have talked about this already, dh will get fixed because it's safer and easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM
No idea :) For us it was me wanting to fix my cycles. They were a mess and I couldn't find anything to help besides doing an ablation. It was awful, but so worth it in the end. I have two little boys and I was near the bathroom for about two weeks to 16 days out of the month. I could leave the restroom. So it made sense. In your case, I think you guys need to talk it out and maybe make a list of the pros and cons to each one getting done together.

Quoting ascmyworld:

How do you choose in your relationship on who should have their tubes tied or he should a vasectomy? After this baby I really wanted him to get it done since I have had multiple gyno surgeries and feel since I have Fallopian tube he could do this for our family. We are 16 years apart him being older and he talks about not having enough energy for our 3 kids. He has mentioned twice that it can't be reversed. I'm assuming he said it due to us ever getting a divorce his new woman wouldn't able to if they wanted together. I definitely don't want more after this one is born. So how do you figure it out?

lillybug222
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I doubt either of us will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I was sure I didn't want anymore and DH wasn't so I just went ahead and did it. 

SweetJenn78
by Jennifer on May. 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM
My DH volunteered because it was supposed to be easier. We have three kids and when our youngest was five months old he got it done. At first I was mad at him because I wanted more kids, but he kept talking to me about it and I finally realized that he was right. With my medical condition it was better if I didn't have anymore kids. But medically since he had it done he's had some problems with pain down there. I've told him if getting it reversed would make the pain go away then I'd have my tubes tied.
waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM

My husband came to me after we had our last baby together and said he didn't want to have any more children. It was his idea so he said he would get a vasectomy.

mommy2twoboyz
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM
We are both getting fixed. We are expecting #3 unexpectedly and are for sure done. I'm not taking any more chances. Pregnancy is way too hard on me.
rockinmomto2
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I just asked Dh and he said "Yeah, I would if you asked me to." So I guess that answers that. But in reality, a vasectomy can be reversed, is a simpler procedure, and has almost zero recovery time. 

_MissMissfit_
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM
8 moms liked this

I carry and push the kids out, he can get his dick snipped. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN