Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

WHATS A MARRIAGE IF JUST ONE IS LIVING UP TO THE EXPECTATIONS.

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:50 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

HI my name is Danasia. I really don't know where to start, I am 25 years old with 5 children. I got married two years ago. My marriage from the begining have hell, even more so lately because my husband does not at all have my back when it come to his family. He look at me like I'm childish and this liar when i try to talk to him about a problem i have with anyone in his family. Im really at my breaking point with him and don't want to give up yet on him but idk how much more of this i can take.

by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM
U need to sit him down and instead of saying you do this and that say things like I feel like this and that.

It's easier to talk about feelings in a calm way and get somewhere than in a heated argument.
DANASIA05
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I do that all the time with him and he no mattet what still side with them. Im begining to think that i will always be beneath them.
LadyBast
by Brenda on May. 8, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Talk to him tell him how you feel and make him understand.

If he will not listen then it is time to cut ties and be done with it all!

Good luck!

SomethingSoReal
by on May. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Would you be able to support 5 children without him?

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on May. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM

If just you talking to him doesn't get through to him then I would suggest seeing if he will give marriage counseling a try to help you both work on communication.  And he doesn't want to then you need to figure out if you want to stay in that marriage or not.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Monsita
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM
25 years old with 5 children?
Am I reading this correctly?

Solving issues and drama with his family side, can be too much for anyone!
Maybe, though it is not right, by him not taking your side, he is trying to avoid confrontations....
Please, if theses family issues are something you need him to be aboard with, tell him: raising 5 kids will be challenging if they see you two divided.
In a calmed way, find a way to help him see, you need him to satand by you and take your side, even when it looks not clear why. Atfer all part of his role as your husband, is to be one with you!!!

Quoting DANASIA05:

HI my name is Danasia. I really don't know where to start, I am 25 years old with 5 children. I got married two years ago. My marriage from the begining have hell, even more so lately because my husband does not at all have my back when it come to his family. He look at me like I'm childish and this liar when i try to talk to him about a problem i have with anyone in his family. Im really at my breaking point with him and don't want to give up yet on him but idk how much more of this i can take.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM
If your marriage has been hell from the beginning then you have more going on than just your dh not supporting you in regards to his family. Five children? I am guessing you married before seeing the real him. Get some counseling lined up. Use the team approach in conversations... "what can WE do to help prevent this?" His answer will tell you volumes.
ArmyWife112908
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Sometimes communicating is hard. I would say some couples and individual counseling. Maybe just a few times to help you two communicate better. One piece of advice my mom always says " If the good out weighs the bad, it's worth fighting for. If the bad out weighs to good, it's time to re evaluate." Good luck.
RitaTequila531
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Quoting LadyBast:

Talk to him tell him how you feel and make him understand.

If he will not listen then it is time to cut ties and be done with it all!

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Well set boundaries yourself. It's not that hard. If someone starts saying something that upsets you tell them you don't appreciate it and walk away or hang up. Easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN