Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Date Night , When was the last time ?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • 42 Replies
When was the last time you had date night with your SO? Where did you guys go ?& How often do you guys do Date night ?

We do date nights weekly , 2/4 is out somewhere. Last date night we went to watch the Spider-Man 3 premier & went out for beers and chit chat .

Tonight he's taking me to my favorite restaurant I get to dress all fancy ! & to a movie , drink wine & walk around the city ( we live in Las Vegas ) is my early Mother's Day present since he leaves tomorrow in a Business trip.
by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM

It was about 3 weeks ago, we didn't really do anything special. We went to dinner and then we were going to go to a movie but the babysitter (older sister) called and couldn't get our 8yo dd to calm down so we ended up going home. We rarely go out because it is hard to find a sitter that wants to watch 9 kids, 2 of them special needs.

4HMomto3
by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

The last child free date night was 8 years ago. We dont go out. 

Crazylife1994
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Every Thursday night without fail. Normally we go to a new resturant and then out for coffee and just talk.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Every Saturday evening for the past 23+ years. With the exception of a few, when I had just given birth or one of us was ill. I credit my mom, who has taken our boys, since they were newborn, EVERY Saturday until they were grown enough to stay by themselves.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't live near family, so it's few and far between. We've done bedtime dates a lot lately. Putting the kids in bed, and the sitting out by the fire pit with hot cider with a lil kick, or movies downstairs in our movie room. A few weeks ago he had ordered food from Olive Garden and ran out while I was putting the kids down. I was surprised with a dark kitchen lit with candles, and my favorite Olive Garden meal with breadstick and pasta fagiolle. We are hoping when we visit family next month to spend the night at universal and do a couple days at the parks, getting our Harry potter fix.

mommygirls86
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM
We don't really get much of a date night. My hubby works long hours. Or traveling. The last time together was our anniversary a few weeks ago. I just did something special at home for us. We had whole weekend to ourselves my parents watch the kuds.
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM
We don't really have baby sitters available, so it's been 14 months since we went out on a child-free date (and even then, I was past my due date with my second baby, so it wasn't quite child-free). We mostly do at-home dates after the kids have gone to bed.
irishmamato2
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM

We don't get nights out but twice a month on Friday's we got out to lunch together as he doesn't have school on Fridays. We don't go out as I don't trust people that easily with my kids and my one friend who I do trust smokes in her house and the smell affects my kids allergies, so we can't leave them there. We do get a night out every year when my mother is visiting provided she is down over a weekend. 

maria1613
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Last Friday. We went to his brother's to watch the hockey game. Than we went to see an Iron Maiden cover band... it was a HORRIBLE night!!!! We rarely get date nights. In the summer we're on a softball team so that's our adult night out but we only habe a sitter long enough to go to the game then come straight back. Tonight, one of my friends offered to babysit so we're taking her up on it and we're goimg to see a Zeppelin cover band with some friends... hopefully we have a better night tonight *fingers crossed*
LuvMyBoys09
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:38 PM
The last one, was the February 15th....SO's mom kept dd and my older boys were with their dad, so we went to dinner and then out dancing.

We used to do date nights every other month, before I had dd, while my bits were at their dad's but now, we just spend our alone time, at home, after the kids are in bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)