Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Who's in charge of paying the bills?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 61 Replies
I'm a sahm and dh works. Their is no way he'd be able to keep track and pay bills. His job is very stressful and he travels alot so it falls on me to pay everything on time, move bills around, etc. Sometimes I hate it. We have 26 bills it can be stressful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Most are automatically paid from our bank account, and I usually take care of the rest, since dh works full time, and I work part time and am switching to being a sahm. And you have 26 bills? That's a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I am the one with the most income so I handle the bills.
SweetMama823
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Yes it is. Dh is o/o so we have rig note and other expenses that come along with it.

Quoting booaura: Most are automatically paid from our bank account, and I usually take care of the rest, since dh works full time, and I work part time and am switching to being a sahm. And you have 26 bills? That's a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJAM152023
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Me
mommygirls86
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm responsible for making sure the bills get paid on time. Hubby works I'm a SAHM.
driverswife483
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Same here. Being o/O is alot of work for everyone in this house.
irishmamato2
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I take care of all of the bills. I have been doing it since the day we got married. Hubby would be lost on what bills are due when and when to take that money out of our acct, so he leaves it to me to do

ZoeCY
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am a SAHM and handle the bills as well. He did when we first got married and it just didn't work out, I am much more numbers and planning oriented.

sorcha1945
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I do. It's just easiest that way. In my office I have a calender with the due dates marked along with paydays noted. Makes it pretty easy to keep track and pay things.
tddncw2010
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:38 PM

we both work full time and I pay all the bills. I leave him with an allowance in his bank account every two weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)