Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Can you honestly say that you love your husband?

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM
  • 157 Replies
2 moms liked this
I want to get honesty on this.I know some women will say that they love their husband but they don't, sometimes they are just with him because of his money or they've been married many times so they want to prove to their family that they can hold on to a marriage.
I can honestly say that I don't love my husband. I've been married twice and the feeling of love has never came to me. I see my friends running to the door to greet their husband with a smile, a hug and kiss after he's had a long day of work. Or they post on their Facebook page how much they love their husband, how they love waking up next to their King, how he is their best friend, soul mate and how they want to be with him forever. And Im sitting there thinking "Where is this at in my marriage??" When my husband tells me he loves me I say I love you too, but deep down I know that I dont. In my last marriage I felt the same way, 3 years went by and no love or feelings ever entered my heart for him. Now I'm married again and 3 years have went by and I feel no love for him. Is there something wrong with me? Does anyone else feel this way or do you truly love your husband?
by on May. 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeeAnnMcKinney
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM
10 moms liked this

I can honestly say I love my husband. maybe you shouldn't marry a man unless you already love him. Because honestly it is stupid as hell to marry a man before you love him. It is not fair to that man at all. I think you do need to talk to some one to get help and see why you keep marrying men you don't love. Why did you marry them to begin with? To be honest about it I think it is HORRIBLE of you to do this to these men. Get help.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM
6 moms liked this

I love my husband. I'm not all goo-goo-eyed crazy and super romantic about him, but I do love him. You don't have to be all weak in the knees and have butterflies to love your spouse. Those things are over exaggerated and cliche. Real love is about sticking by someone, despite their flaws, and through tough times. The butterflies are great, but they aren't for everyone, and rarely last forever. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM
3 moms liked this
I do truly and honestly love my husband, more and more with every day that passes.

Are you depressed?
nelliesmommy
by on May. 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this
I honestly love my husband. It's been a rough first year of marriage and I've had my times where I didn't know if it would work. We've pushed through though and I'm happy we have.
kns2004
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I can honestly say I'm madly in love with my husband. We have been together 12 years and will be married 10 years this October. Yes we have had our up and downs, but we do love each other and are happy.
AutymsMommy
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I've honestly never heard this before cafemom.

Yes, I very honestly, very sincerely, love my husband with my entirety. He is my very best friend. I can't wait for 5:30 to roll around, when I know he's almost home. Sure, he annoys me sometimes (and goodness knows, I annoy him at times, lol), but yes - I honestly love him very much.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Maks1mommy
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
We have been through a lot in the past, but I can honestly say I do love him. It took a while for me to realize it, but I do. If I didn't
I wouldn t have stayed and put up with as much as I did.
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I think everyone will eventually get to a point of ugh I can't stand him. I think if you're there more than 50% of the time you should figure out an exit plan. But you should love him even though you may not like him sometimes.
Annellyse
by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Yes, I love my husband.  That love has grown over our years together.  We've had our share of arguments and fights, but our love has never waned.  We can never stay mad at each other for long, either.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I can honestly say I love my husband.  Why did you marry if you weren't in love?  I can't imagine making that commitment to someone I wasn't wholeheartedly in love with.  We've gone through hell and back but I wouldn't change a thing if it meant going through life without DH.  I truly believe that he is my soul mate. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)